aaa Rebirth 1.5 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Rebirth 1.5

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Original Message                 Date: 19-Oct-97  @  11:16 PM   -   Rebirth 1.5

Sedusa66

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hey everybody.. it's out if you want it...
http://www.propellerheads.se/index.html..
Haven't dld the demo yet, gotta run off to the store for some DAT tapes, but I"ll check it out when I dl it later.. happy birthday!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/75             28-Oct-97  @  10:48 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

kilo

Uh-Oh.... mr No-Nmame is back..... lets study this:

Well kilo, actually you werem doing more than just letting the bloke have free speech...
you were saying why its ok to steal intellectual property

....Hol' up !!!....... right....where do I say it's ok to steal intellectual property....??..... or do you simply advocate denying others discussion of any subject that you personally disagree with ?

...AND you also WERE trying to
cansor this site you hypocrite when you told rodney to watch his language,

wait up......asking someone to moderate their language is one thing.... yet I have NOT removed his comments....as they are valid to him, as others are to them.... so I leave them posted.... I simply dont want this area to become full of expletives.....

AND
copying a tape for your own use is one thing, and I don't care to get into the legality of
that issue, BUT... copying a tape and selling it or posting it for free is not only illegal... it
wrong.. and the same goes for software......

uhu........ so artists getting taped and having THEIR ideas and intellectual property stolen is not interesting to you ?........only software authors....... hmmmmmm....... rather inconsistant logic there my friend......you cant ignore one area of the issue especially as a musician.......or did you just come here for a 5 minute argument ??........ or do you just not want to discuss an area where you have no moral high ground ???..........ITS ALL ILLEGAL MY BROTHER !!!............so if we're talking legalities........lets keep it non-exclusive......or didnt you know YOU were breaking the law !!!.......sorry.......

I do understand what you mean about the difference between copying for personal use, and distribution, such as with DJ mix tapes perhaps ?........ but LEGALLY it's all the same.......etc etc.......in fact wasn't it Danny Rampling saying recently that if he goes down to Camden market and sees his tapes being bootlegged again he'll call the old bill immeadiately ??........ kinda wierd, cos the DJ tapes..... do they pay royalties to the artists who's tracks they are mixing ??

hmmmmmm....... I wonder what will happen if Roland decide to start issueing writs against sample libraries or anyone using a sampler, for stealing 909 or 808 or 303 etc sounds ??......

ps. any chance of letting us know who you are ?........

Message 32/75             28-Oct-97  @  11:00 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

DeMoN

I think Rodders is just gutted that he paid for something that we can all get free hahaha. Kilo, I agree totally with you. By the way I rekon Rodney IS Mr no name! :0)

Message 33/75             28-Oct-97  @  11:02 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

rodneyh

Thanks everyone for your contributions.

First I'd like to give the respect to Kilo that is due - I don't know any details about him, but he (or she) has obviously gone to a lot of trouble to maintain and update this site, and IS really giving something to the Dance and music community, by sharing a lot of useful information, and helping to facilitate others doing the same. It's a terrific and helpful site and I really appreciate it.

Sorry I experienced a moment of pointless pedantry about spelling.

One thing that has occurred to me reading this thread is that we can get too spoiled by resources like this - there is so much cool free stuff on the 'net that people think it should all be free - and software piracy can easily become more prevalent due to warez, distribution of cracks etc.

Can you blame me for being sore at thieves? - in the last few months I've had my car stolen three times and my place broken into, with cash and some of my gear stolen.

I admit I'm not lilly-white - I have taped stuff off the radio and copied CDs I've bought to listen to on my walkman. If I've liked a single that I've taped off the radio however, then I've often listened to and purchased that artist's album, so in this sense, radio is like advertising. (I never listen to it anymore anyway it's sooooo boring). I really don't think this is as bad as illegal software distribution, but that's just my opinion.

Kilo your point about the fact that music biz profits go to the companies and their shareholders rather than the artists is well taken, and I'm optimistic that future technologies will make it possible to cut out more of the "middle man" in distribution and benefit the artists more, as well as protecting their rights.

Also the point about magazine reviews is well taken - and true of the magazines in many many different fields. They can contain some useful information, but often they are really expensive advertising catalogues. The fact that you aren't sponsored by the manufacturers lends more credibility to your site (and the fact that there can be feedback from experienced owners).

I can relate to the point about software users really being "beta testers" - it took me about six months and many (unanswered) emails and phone calls to Steinberg tech support, before they finally admitted that version 3.05 wasn't properly bug tested and gave me 3.04 to use instead until VST PC comes out!!

To Avene:
1. Ever been robbed? I thought not.
2. I bought Rebirth over the net and so saved a lot off the local price.
3. I did this even though I have a full duplex card and could have done the "recording off the demo" approach, but this is a lot less convenient.
4. Steinberg and the Heads are imitating not stealing. They (and many others) wouldn't be if Roland really knew how to capitalise on the demand for their old sounds.
5. I don't call participating in a lively debate, and encouraging people not to steal, giving "giving Aussies a bad name".

To Peezhaj - I'm assuming you're American (I'm not aware of AOL's penetration into other markets) I'm bloody glad I'm an Aussie. I won't get into why, don't wanna start a nationalist thread.

To Hillevelt - I'll try better next time I swear to do it without sounding like an asshole. I didn't grow up in some Ghetto in New York or South Central LA or somewhere - that's probably why I can't swear cool hey? Damn, does it mean I can't dance too?

Message 34/75             28-Oct-97  @  11:19 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5 - to Demon

rodneyh

Demon,

Did you read my post? I said I could easily have obtained a cracked Rebirth if I wanted. A friend who works in my local music store offered to make me a copy of the cracked version, but I said no thanks. I bought it via the 'net so it didn't cost a lot, and to me a few hundred dollars ain't much anyway.

And as far as me being Mr Noname, do you really think I have so little to do that I'd make a post and them flame myself under a different name just to get a discussion going? ROTFLMGO !!!! (Roll on the Floor Laughing My Guts Out)

Message 35/75             28-Oct-97  @  11:27 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

rodneyh

Ok Mr Noname we heard you!

Message 36/75             28-Oct-97  @  11:39 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

rodneyh

Mr Noname says:

no matter how wrong something is... you should still be able to do it.....

I take it that includes rape, torture, blowing people's brains out, corruption, lies, oppression, racism, sexism, bigotry, etc etc?

Message 37/75             28-Oct-97  @  11:39 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

DeMoN

Hmm Seems a bit strange that straight after I posted, you posted and then Mr NONAME posted the stupid bombs and then he stoped.......you (Rodney) posts again and then ohh look Mr NONAME is back like straight away posting fuckloads of shit. I have been watching it happen, as it happens and you are top suspect son!!!!!! its obviously you, you toatal penis!.

Message 38/75             28-Oct-97  @  11:44 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

how do you get around the fact that rebirth asks for the cd when you start up?

Message 39/75             28-Oct-97  @  12:25 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

kilo

oh my god........ how increadibly sad........ now then..... firstly...... Rodney.... thanks for the useful comments.....we do agree it seems in fact.... I dunno what all the fuss is about..... I've been plugging this blasted steinberg s/w for 6 months now........ Mr No-name..... I dunno what to say to you...... Rodney.... have you thought about insurance ??.........spammer..... very clever that one....reposting lots of times.....great......

but.....the plot thickens...... is a person here at this thread a steinberg team member...????

Here's a post I recieved this morning from steinberg threatening ltitigation...... notice the phrasing "...You DO promote & offer etc etc ...."

which suggests that the mail is a reply to a previous conversation....... It's apparently all about this rebirth 909 patch.....

I assumed as I was told, it simply replaced audio drum sounds......... apparently it's an illegally written version........here's the post.......

Sirs,

on your website you do promote and offer for download an illegally
altered version of our copyrighted programm ReBirth RB-338, featuring
an altered drumset with 909 samples.

This is perfectly illegal.

Please remove this downloadable binary and all related links
and comments as soon as possible. Should this violation of
our copyrights continue for an extendend period of time, we
will pass this to our lawyers.

Regards,

Steinberg Soft- & Hardware GmbH

on behalf of

Propellerhead Software

So........ it appears either steinberg are reading this site, or have been told this programme is illegal and downloadable here....by I wonder who ????......

so....... there you have it........ I remove file....... you are warned by Steinberg that they consider your comments illegal...and if you continue to talk about their programme in this way, we or you will be sued !!!.... :-)...... etc etc........seems a shame they should choose to surface at this site in such a negative way........

there you have it !.......

Message 40/75             28-Oct-97  @  02:52 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

matt_riddell

The stupid fuckers!

I wouldn't be using rebirth if it didn't have the 909 patch!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

There are 75 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)