aaa Studio Pikzz - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

13-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Studio Pikzz

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Original Message                 Date: 11-Nov-03  @  03:10 PM     Edit: 11-Nov-03  |  06:13 PM   -   Studio Pikzz

Broken Silence

Link?:  Link
File?:  [image]

[image file]

Here finally with shite digital camera- new setup! Don't ask about that fucking door it pisses me off too- studio area is in a basement and that's where you turn on the water lol

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 391/393             29-May-06  @  07:25 AM     Edit: 29-May-06  |  07:27 AM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

MikK

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Here's mine atm. Those speakers aren't too good for nearfield monitoring. I'm going to get either Mackie HR624's or Dynaudio BM5A's. Still not sure which one..
The desk is home made and I have the right side rack for it to make it symmetrical.
More pictures at trancestate.net/gallery
For those who remember, it's DjMik here..just had to get rid of the Dj part

Message 392/393             29-May-06  @  09:41 AM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

k

File?:  No file

it's the position of the speakers mate really, perhaps they'd sound better in a better position?

I think they are too far apart (assuming you sit about 3-4 ft from the edge of the desk, and way too low. You need them to up above the monitors.

Also, what's the wall behind made of?... hollow plasterboard? - It's quite an up-padded room bt the look of it, no carpet even, must be quite reflective in there eh?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 393/393             29-May-06  @  10:36 AM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

MikK

File?:  No file

Yeah, the speakers probably need better positioning. I'm going to get some kind of wall mounts to get the tweeters at ear level. Or maybe even stands and drill holes for them through the table.. When monitoring loud the whole desk is vibrating...can't be too good for the sound. These are from my home theater so I'm going to need to get proper new ones soon.

The walls are made of chipboard (not sure if that's it in english..) There are some large curtains, sofa and bookshelf on the room too. It isn't absolutely horrible, it's a wooden house..but could be much better I guess. I'm going to get some acoustic foam to kill the early reflections. The desk hasn't been there for very long, I just got the synths set up now  

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

There are 393 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)