aaa ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++ - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

30-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 13-Mar-02  @  05:00 AM   -   ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

Cloud Nine

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hello K,

I was wondering, would it be possible to have another category in the GENRE/FLAVA section? Something like Dance/New Age Crossover or some such thing. Then all us odd bods who are doing something that's not pure dance music, but still falls within the bounds of it would have a section of our own.

I can't be the only one who's constantly encountering a problem when it comes to deciding which flava to list my tracks in. I'm opting for Techno or Ambient most of the time, but it's not really satisfactory. Another section would make a great site even better.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 41/45             15-Mar-02  @  03:53 PM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

bedwyr

Link?: Link

where's sensoniq gone anyway? he might be doing the dishes too. hey, i just had a thought, I can go and do the dishes.

maybe i have to do the dishes, i'm going to a comedy club tonight and there's this girl i met who plays the harp going too. how do you mic up a harp? of course, i'm only interested in her plucking.

genres? new blend? hmm?

Message 42/45             15-Mar-02  @  04:09 PM     Edit: 15-Mar-02  |  04:13 PM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

damballah

Link?: Link

really? like I could chase anyone off! nyah nyah.

oh god! this new wavish band I mixed circa '86 had the bright idea of having a harp player join them for a couple of songs one night. they had a simmons drum kit and some yammy qx thing running an rx something and a rack of tx somethings, a dx7, all which had to come through the monitors pretty loud, as well as guitar & bass & what passed for singing. all the mikes we had were cardioid dynamics -- 57s, 58s and a couple EVs. we couldn't get that harp miked for shit. what a nightmare. anyway, happy plucking.

I'm up for some high-tech teen car-crash songs just as soon as I build a new computer. my old celery's startin' to act like a dog. I'll have to think of a new name, though. :P

Message 43/45             15-Mar-02  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

knowa

Link?:  Link

its real cool that this site is not censored. when someone asks an intelligent "how do I " question, there are usually a lot of good replies--it's not like the (inevitable) flame wars prevent music relevant stuff. I was able to ask a Mac VS PC question here and get a lot of useful information without anyone going crazy; that's a pretty remarkable achievement by most forum standards. big hug.

Message 44/45             24-Mar-02  @  12:33 PM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

deadbeat

"downtempo/experimental"

sounds good to me..... good idea!

i'm tired of trying to find a genre to place my stuff.

Message 45/45             24-Mar-02  @  04:36 PM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

Cloud Nine

Yeah I like it too - a lot.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 45 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)