aaa Virtual Analogue, JP-8000 vs Yamaha AN1X? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Virtual Analogue, JP-8000 vs Yamaha AN1X?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 16-Jun-97  @  09:53 PM   -   Virtual Analogue, JP-8000 vs Yamaha AN1X?

jocke

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

what would be the best choice of a virtual analogue synth, in average that is. The Roland JP-8000, Yamaha AN1x or Nordlead2? Has anyone tried these machines and being able to compare them?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 41/47             12-Oct-97  @  02:10 AM   -   RE: Virtual Analogue, JP-8000 vs Yamaha AN1X?

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

Soft-synth, only seems to work with SB, 'cause mine don't work.

Message 42/47             27-Oct-97  @  04:42 PM   -   RE: Virtual Analogue, JP-8000 vs Yamaha AN1X?

james_munro

I once dropped an AN1X on my foot and it hurt, so in terms of foot damage I would rather own a Jp8000 as its got 1 less octave, so it must weigh less, therefore not breaking your toes when it falls off your quickloc when your pissed.

As for surface area, the an1x is better for skinning up without getting any of your shit stuck in all the control knobs.

Message 43/47             27-Oct-97  @  08:09 PM   -   RE: Virtual Analogue, JP-8000 vs Yamaha AN1X?

kilo

best comment nomination goes to.....

james_munro@tolley.co.uk

Message 44/47             03-Nov-97  @  02:23 AM   -   RE: Virtual Analogue, JP-8000 vs Yamaha AN1X?

Chris

I currently have an AN1x. Got rid of a JP-8000 before my 15 days to exchange was up (needed that extra octave more than I needed "supersaw"). I'm happy with it, but I'm a bit curious about this "Access Virus" box. Anyone have it, is it even being sold in the US yet? The biggest thing that PO's me about this AN1x is that in order to sound FAT, you have to run in dual voice mode. That gives 5 voices. Not enough to be useable for me. Maybe Yammy will produce a card that can extend this thing to 16/8 voices from its current 10/5. I just bought A3000 too. I ain't got nuttin bad to say about it yet............ YET!!!!

Message 45/47             03-Nov-97  @  01:45 PM   -   RE: Virtual Analogue, JP-8000 vs Yamaha AN1X?

Avene

Link?:  Link

How's this right, I've been thinking, and for the same price as JP8000 you could probably get 3 second hand Korg Poly 800s, a new Pulse or ATC1, a second hand Juno 106 and maybe even an old SH101 or something similar, all of which sound great...

Message 46/47             03-Nov-97  @  07:52 PM   -   RE: Virtual Analogue, JP-8000 vs Yamaha AN1X?

Quade

Could somebody help??????

I'm selling my car to buy a synth, I reckon i'll be able to get £1,000, My main focus is hardhouse/techno i've been finding out a lot about the JP8000 but i'm still waiting for my local muso shop to get one in, as you can imagine before I go spending a shed load of money i'd like to make sure i'm getting value. Any help on this matter would be grately appreiciated.

Message 47/47             05-Nov-97  @  05:39 AM   -   RE: Virtual Analogue, JP-8000 vs Yamaha AN1X?

Quade,

you'll need more than the JP8000 for a minimal techno setup. It is a 2 voice, 8 part multitimbral. This means it can only play 2 instruments at any one time - and it does not have any real percussion sounds ( though you can create them yourself with this synth - but very tedious to try a generate a decent percussion set ). You'll need something like a Quasimidi 309 . This a complete percussion and bass/lead synth in one box. Great for beginner - if you can afford both, then you are onto a winner. I have both a Q309 and JP8000 and i luv em.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 47 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)