aaa New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 24-Feb-98  @  10:12 PM   -   New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

orprofi

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hi ,everyone. Did you hear 'bout new Yamaha's
PCI Soundcard called SW1000XG.
20(!!!)Mb of ROM,64 poly, 31 multitimbral+ 1 part of realtime VL synthesis, 7 parallel DSP 24-bit effects, 2 AD inputs (like in SW60XG) for external effect processing, S/PDIF, 24 Channel HD Recorder. The only Quetion : How much does it cost ? Well. I don't know. But if the price will be temperate-moderate i will sell my old but nice SW60XG and buy this really cool stuff.

Somebody knows the price ? Please......

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 41/58             30-Sep-98  @  08:13 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

flack

A sampler is basically a device wich has memory you can upload your samples into. It has, too, usually a midi interface and you can connect a keyboard to it. When you play a note on the keyboard it sends a midi message to the sampler and it varies the pitch of the original sample you uploaded according to the note you played on the keyboard.
As you see it has nothing to do with recording midi files to audio. Don't worry, you will be able to do that with the SW1000XG. (It has an internal loopback driver for that purpose).

Regards

Message 42/58             05-Oct-98  @  04:30 AM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

iamar

no news about SW1000XG ????????
who have fresher news about
release date ???? Price ?????

and DSP is already available : where ?? how much costs ???

Message 43/58             08-Oct-98  @  07:55 AM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

mknezovic

I see on www.cubase.com in news section that SW1000 cost £499 , PLG100-VL cost £199 and PLG100-VH
cost £99. Hm...maybe it isnt so much when you look specifications...Very impresive....
You can buy it in UK, but not yet in Germany. I know that bicause i live in Croatia and i call some peoples
and companies. They think that SW1000 will be on Croatian market in November. I hope...
So, if anyone has something new, write!

Message 44/58             08-Oct-98  @  01:49 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

jet

AT least! According to harmony central site Yamaha gonna start shipping to Europe next week . No price mentioned though

Message 45/58             11-Oct-98  @  01:01 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

will the card be fully compatible with vst?
As I have a maxi hspro64 and i've had loads of timing problems , also does anyone know the release date I heard it was going to be the 3rd week in october?

Message 46/58             13-Oct-98  @  12:32 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

ben

I read on the Yamaha UK site that the card is DirectX 5+ compatible. I take it this means I would be able to use it as a normal windoze soundcard (for those moments when I'm feeling unispired)?

Anyone confirm this?

Cheers,

Ben.

Message 47/58             13-Oct-98  @  12:51 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

jet

Yeah if it's DirectX compatible you can use with almost every modern s/w

Message 48/58             13-Oct-98  @  01:34 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

iamar

In a American Site where can i find DS2416 anybody Knows ?

Message 49/58             13-Oct-98  @  06:29 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

jeroen

Is it possible to upload soundbanks or wave's on this card, or what....

I now have a yamaha sw60xg and an soundblaster awe32 with 8 meg's of sample rom, this is all ready pretty cool, but I need something extra....like that sw1000xg.

Could anyone give me an e-mail as soon as this wonderfull card is available?

And could anyone mail me some info about that Creamware Pulsar?

Thanx...

Message 50/58             14-Oct-98  @  11:53 AM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

jet

You can't upload any new waves or samples but you can purchase add-on optional VL-synth board (256 patches) and DX7 board...also you can change ROM presets with lots of FX with new XG1000 XGEdit (probably would be included in card package).......also as far as I know Yamaha is planning to release a sampler board in ther future.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 58 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)