aaa ++ Track Competition - FAQ ++ - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: ++ Track Competition - FAQ ++

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Original Message                 Date: 01-Aug-01  @  08:26 AM   -   ++ Track Competition - FAQ ++

k

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

chat about it here....

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 41/80             19-Sep-01  @  07:10 PM   -   RE: ++ Track Competition - FAQ ++

sensoniq

How do you vote for tracks...and how many votes does
it take to make the daily playlist?

Message 42/80             19-Sep-01  @  10:07 PM     Edit: 19-Sep-01  |  10:10 PM   -   RE: ++ Track Competition - FAQ ++

xoxos

Link?: Link

i hereby admit to having given up music in favour of sculpting imaginary moon animals out of squished up bread.

have fun, guys.

Message 43/80             20-Sep-01  @  04:22 AM   -   RE: ++ Track Competition - FAQ ++

damballah

when there's a contest for that, we'll letcha know

Message 44/80             20-Sep-01  @  10:48 PM   -   RE: ++ Track Competition - FAQ ++

xoxos

oh, but there is, there is..

Message 45/80             21-Sep-01  @  04:34 AM   -   RE: ++ Track Competition - FAQ ++

Sensoniq

Are the judges going to listen to the tracks anonymously to avoid any bias?

Message 46/80             21-Sep-01  @  02:46 PM   -   RE: ++ Track Competition - FAQ ++

k

ha ha ha... like THAT'll make any difference !!... do they know any of you?... nope... i think we'll be judging it from 3 angles

1. overall track/production - the vibe is first

2. idea's and effort put into the piece

3. making the most of the gear - equally important as the first 2

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 47/80             21-Sep-01  @  04:12 PM   -   RE: ++ Track Competition - FAQ ++

damballah

so what you're saying then is that if a certain person doesn't win, it'll be because the judges knew the tracks were his?

Message 48/80             21-Sep-01  @  06:21 PM   -   RE: ++ Track Competition - FAQ ++

k

nope, i'm saying it'll be based on:

1. overall track/production - the vibe is first

2. idea's and effort put into the piece

3. making the most of the gear - equally important as the first 2

Message 49/80             21-Sep-01  @  06:37 PM   -   RE: ++ Track Competition - FAQ ++

d

Link?:  No link

ahh, I'm beginning to understand. a "certain someone" could indeed win -- if the overall production and vibe of his track is good, there's good ideas and effort present in his music and he's made the most of his gear -- despite the judges' obvious bias against him personally, then? not that they have any, of course. and if he doesn't win, he's not to take it that the judges hold some sort of grudge or personal hatred or vindictiveness toward him, but that they just thought somebody else's track was better?

Message 50/80             21-Sep-01  @  07:59 PM   -   RE: ++ Track Competition - FAQ ++

xoxos

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

There are 80 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)