aaa so who plays proper instruments? - Live / PA / gigging forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Live / PA / gigging

Subject: so who plays proper instruments?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Original Message                 Date: 31-Mar-02  @  02:32 PM   -   so who plays proper instruments?

bedwyr

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

hehe! "proper"

anyway, i've played sax in various bands for the last ten years, how about you lot then?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 41/87             16-Apr-02  @  12:11 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

Drop

Link?:  No link

I play with my girlfriends tits. Does that count?

Message 42/87             16-Apr-02  @  03:53 PM     Edit: 16-Apr-02  |  04:07 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

damballah

Link?: Link

on stage?

or are you just a "bedroom producer"?

Message 43/87             17-Apr-02  @  01:05 AM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

frostbyte

you can't do that on stage anymore, sorry.

Message 44/87             17-Apr-02  @  12:37 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

sitar

That's right. You have to be in the audience to do that. What's the incentive these days for playing live then? No wonder more and more musicians have taken to jumping into the audience. They can't take it anymore. Probably why the guy in The Crystal Method smashes his dx7 on the stage too.

There ya go. Another mystery solved by sitar, the great seer of all things relevant.

Message 45/87             17-Apr-02  @  04:08 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

Pongoid

Link?: Link

I dunno, I'm gonna jump around on stage a bit this evening. When you play with other folks you can do that. Solo, it makes the music drag a bit, unless heavily pre-sequenced, which I abhor.

Ape

Message 46/87             18-Apr-02  @  02:05 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

frostbyte

i jump around all the time in my bedroom studio, that way, if i ever make it to a stage i'll know what to do and not look stupid. In the mean time, i look stupid all the time; but you don't know that.

try doing a couple flip-flops and sing "music, makes the bourgeoisie and the rebel"

the illusion is strong...

Message 47/87             18-Apr-02  @  08:18 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

k

played a 'fun' gig last night helping out a mate as a standin bass player - heh heh - rock & roll style - pure chaos it was   lol!

Message 48/87             18-Apr-02  @  11:29 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

sitar

Wish you'd let people know K. Not that I could've made it, but I'd love to hear the stories.

Message 49/87             19-Apr-02  @  03:13 AM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

frostbyte

they made you stand, and you call it fun, ? at your grand age ! how insensitive :p

Message 50/87             19-Apr-02  @  02:13 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

k

it was ok tho - the guitarist had blood all over his guitar at the end of it which was kinda cool cos it was a white guitar so it showed up well - heh heh - sounds like my sorta player!! - we agreed to team up and have a few jams soon cos we both play really loud and both bleed when getting into it  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

There are 87 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot