aaa HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 25-Jul-02  @  11:06 AM     Edit: 25-Jul-02  |  11:08 AM   -   HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I am having major problems with my ES2. The problem:

Having used the ES2 for 2 days everything was running fine, and it sounded great! Then all of a sudden I load up my PC and Load up logic play a track I have been working on and the ES2 sounds like my kitchen sink garborator! I rebooted Logic and it sounded different but still crap! Now everything that I created with the ES2 sounds like shit! This is only happening with the ES2. Not with the ES1 or EXS24 (Allthough I haven't tried the EVOC). After contacting Emagic they suggested re-installing Logic, which I tried. That didn't work so I have just re-installed my entire OS (as suggested by Emagic support) and that worked for another 2 days then the ES2 reverted to spitting out garbled noise sounds.

I have the recent drivers for all of my hardware and have installed SP2 for Win2K so all is up to date. Everything on my PC runs beautifully except the ES2. I have checked on InfoWeb and various forums but it appears that I am the only person with this problem. Could somebody PLEASE help me? This is an absolute nightmare!

FYI, the other software that I have on the PC is:
Sonitus Plugins (Updated to R3)
Waves Gold Bundle
Win RAR
Sound Forge 4.5
Ohm Force OhmBoyz delay (VST)

My System is as follows:

Win2K Pro (SP2) Dual-Boot;
LAP5.1.3 (via updates from Logic 4.0);
Gigabyte GA-7DXR (AMD 761 north-bridge) BIOS F9;
AMD T-Bird 1.4Ghz 266FSB;
512MB DDR RAM PC2100;
Audiowerk 8 Audio I/F;
MT4 MIDI I/F;
Matrox G550 (Millenium) AGP Card;
21" Dell monitor, 19" Viglen Monitor;
IBM Deskstar 7200rpm ATA100 120GXP 40GB HDD (IDE channel 1);
Fujitsu 7200rpm ATA100 40GB HDD (IDE channel 3 W/ onboard Promise ATA100 Controller);
LG CDRW (IDE channel 2);

Thankyou in advance!

Steve.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 41/53             08-Aug-02  @  10:54 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

The dilithium crystsls will na' take it!

Steve.

Message 42/53             09-Aug-02  @  11:35 AM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

k

Link?:  Link

For gods sake Jim, I'm a doctor not a pc engineer!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 43/53             27-Jan-03  @  09:53 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Jesper Hemdarve

You didn't find the solution to this problem, right? Too bad, cause I am experiencing an unreliable ES2 as well. The sound changes in between studio sessions, and I have no idea why.

Some times the sound gets filtered, sometimes it just sounds weak.. Using Logic 5.1 on a PIII 733.

Message 44/53             27-Jan-03  @  10:06 PM     Edit: 27-Jan-03  |  10:07 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

I think I actually mentioned in another post that I have intalled Windows XP and the problem seems to have gone. I say 'seems to', as I have become so used to not using soft synths that I only gave it a little try, but it did appear to be working just fine.

I have a feeling that this may be due to the way WinXP handles drivers. It seems much more stable all round.

Regards.

Steve.

Message 45/53             28-Jan-03  @  12:38 AM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Jesper Hemdarve

Link?: Link

Umm, too bad that I AM using XP then   Most often I don't have a problem either, but sometimes the ES2 sounds different. Wierd.. I don't want to start looking for the problem since people on this board have already mentioned every possible cause without success.

Message 46/53             31-Jan-03  @  06:14 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Etk

Not to be one of those horn tooters, or overly assumptive...but it sounds like your using a cracked version, emagic loves to sneak in dongle checks that will subtly screw something up, just like the EXS24 detune problem. again, this is not to point fingers, but to offer an answer to your problem =P

Message 47/53             01-Feb-03  @  11:56 AM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Jesper Hemdarve

Well, that could be an answer since I am using a cracked copy. I was about to buy Logic 5 a while back, but Emagic happened to stop PC production which made me reconsider...
Anyway, The question is; does Steve Roughley use a dongle for his copy? If he does, we're back at square 1 again  

Message 48/53             01-Feb-03  @  12:16 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

If you read some of my other posts, I think you'll get an idea of where I (and alot of DT users) stand when it comes to piracy.

Here

Steve.

Message 49/53             01-Feb-03  @  04:22 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Jesper Hemdarve

Back to square 1 then...  
I fully understand this view of piracy and the moral aspect of using unlicensed products, and I stress that if I were to make profit out of my music, I would not hesitate to purchase the software needed. As a matter of fact, when the very last copies of PC Logic 5.5 are being sold at rediculous prices, I'll be first in line.
Until then, I'll live with my freaked out ES2.

Message 50/53             05-Nov-03  @  09:13 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

erikgunnarsson

Any news in this thread? I have exactly the same problem My es2 is screwed. I´m running 5.5.1 and winxp. Is this only a piracy copy problem? If so I must get my hand on a real copy, because the es2 rules.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 53 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)