aaa Virus Low End Good? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Virus Low End Good?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 26-Jul-02  @  10:12 AM   -   Virus Low End Good?

Drop

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I have a virus b but nothing to compare it to, hence my question.

I've been reading various stuff on the web about the Virus. People really praise the filters and talk about how good the Virus is for pads and leads.

However, they reckon that the bass making capabilities aren't that great. Apparently the bass patches lack a "certain warmth and low end" cos the Osc are only OK.

To be honest, as I've said, I've nothing to compare it to in depth. However, I can't seem to get that real thick housey bass sound with it. Probably just me though.

I've looked at a Pulse and SH101 and they sound cool. Am I over analysing again? :-)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 41/55             06-Aug-02  @  01:03 PM   -   RE: Virus Low End Good?

milan

Link?: Link

Hey Knowa, cool track that! very "ninja tune" methinks. damn, why dont you hit us with some dancefloor stuff? i´m sure you could but you find this kinda stuff more interesting to do... anyway, respect.

and Drop, there´s tons of stuff you can do. from your post i think that you are trying to do to much at once without analysing the consequences of those actions.

ok, and a tip for the end: the other day i got a cool bass sound from my Q by ringmodulating a saw wave by triangle set one octave higher. only saw is routed to the mixer, and tri is used only as mod source. then lo cutoff on the filter etc, u know the deal...

Message 42/55             06-Aug-02  @  02:05 PM   -   RE: Virus Low End Good?

Drop

Your sooo right Milan. I think I need to go back to basics on my virus. Maybe even pull the manual out again. The thing is I can blatantly program a good, grooving drum track. I suppose I'm getting impatient with not being able to complement it with an equally strong bass track. One day though! :-)

Message 43/55             06-Aug-02  @  02:07 PM   -   RE: Virus Low End Good?

milan

manual reading is a MUST during visits to the toilet!

Message 44/55             06-Aug-02  @  03:30 PM   -   RE: Virus Low End Good?

knowa

Link?:  Link

well I guess it was too late but I added that track last night.

I'm shocked, Drop, that you did not appreciate the obesity of the pulse's bass. you crazy. and I don't want to have your baby.

thanks a lot milan.

Message 45/55             06-Aug-02  @  03:54 PM   -   RE: Virus Low End Good?

Drop

That's a shame Knowa, Ilove kids!:-)

Anyways, I can't listen to your track at work. Bloody security settings. Will tonight though.

I did listen to the pulse and agree that its great but I'd rather buy a MPX 200 with my £199 I think now and learn more and more and more about my virus.

Message 46/55             07-Aug-02  @  04:10 PM   -   RE: Virus Low End Good?

Maarten

Link?:  Link

This manual thing reminds me- mate of mine pointed out that you can patch sounds through the internal aux's using the vocoder or sumtin... hmmm, must go to toilet tonight and read manual.

Message 47/55             07-Aug-02  @  08:10 PM   -   RE: Virus Low End Good?

99devils

Yes, you can take a patch and re-route it through another patch. Stack up filter types or process one sound with another.. I never really found a use for it myself, except for vocoding.

-Craig

Message 48/55             07-Aug-02  @  09:13 PM   -   RE: Virus Low End Good?

swanofnever

hi,

you can use the bus for gating.. make a patch, rout it to a "Gate" patch, send midi notes to the gate patch while sustaining the first partch... you know...

raigan

Message 49/55             14-Aug-02  @  12:27 AM   -   RE: Virus Low End Good?

me

Virus no base? huh? i broken 1 sett of stereo speakers and my Senhizer head phone becuse my Virus have to much base.. c",)

i mean its 24 Bits shitt..you know.. the frequency range is then longer..

Message 50/55             14-Aug-02  @  08:01 AM   -   RE: Virus Low End Good?

swanofnever

the range isn't longer -- we can only hear 20-20k. it's just more finely granulated...

like cutting a meter into 24 parts instead of 16 -- you don't end up with a longer length, but you can measure more finely.

or something.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 55 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)