aaa the force is strong with this one - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: the force is strong with this one

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17

Original Message                 Date: 06-May-03  @  12:28 AM   -   the force is strong with this one

steve

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

fat kid + star wars = greater than a sum of its parts.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 41/163             07-May-03  @  08:52 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

errata

Link?:  No link

It's only if BrokenSilence calls me a graceless idiot that I'll get mad! ;)

I'm actually a blathering, graceless idiot!

e

Message 42/163             07-May-03  @  09:18 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Mick

Link?: Link

Its not outside the realm of possibilty that the kid was in on the joke. Its true that there are a good many "fat" kids who have a good many friends and have been surrounded by support for long enough to be able to poke fun at themselves but, sadly, they tend to be a minority. Also, no one knows what really goes on in their heads. Perhaps its all false bravado, their way of accepting the taunting, thereby being accepted by their tormentors. The ultimate Taoists.

If I play devil's advocate does that make me a religious nut???

Message 43/163             07-May-03  @  09:40 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

psylichon

you're all right... agreed 100%... I'm not the most sensitive person always, and it's something I should work on.

I guess my problem here is that... I'm not going to NOT LAUGH at this video JUST because the kid is fat. I don't think his size has anything to do with it. He's quite agile. More power to him.

The determination is the funny thing, and I stick by it. I'm sorry if he takes his 'fighting dance' so seriously that he would be upset at all this. But c'est la vie.

It's still funny.

psy

Message 44/163             07-May-03  @  10:20 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

influx

I would definitely agree with you on that one. it IS funny in a "maybe you otta practic a bit more first BEFORE taping yourself" way

but then..heh...Psylichon..you mentioned golf...ever taped your swing? GREAT way to learn!

so yeah..I think we've run the gamut here...

Message 45/163             07-May-03  @  11:08 PM     Edit: 07-May-03  |  11:11 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

brad

File?:  [image]

[image file]

>No Psy, I really did not laugh, not once! Didn't
think it was funny! Fat kid, acts like a dork!
>And this, I don't think it's that he's fat, guys...
you'd all be laughing no matter his size. It's the
FAILURE that's funny, right?

WORD. I didn't laugh either. Shit's just not
funny to me. and trust me, I got the capacity to
laff at some stupid shit.

was never fat or terribly awkward but I was
(am?) a hyperactive spaz and always doing
my own thing so that made me a target...esp.
in a rough school where creativity can equal
feminine, gay, whatever.

It's like yeah, dude's obviously tryna do a
movie or something, so he's doing something
a bit strange, esp. when presented out of
context. So fucking what. Some of you guys do
come off like some fuckin jocks on this one.
So like the site says:

"I'm guessing that most of you weren't any
cooler in junior high school than this poor kid.
All you geeks, nerds, and dorks out there need
to think twice before trashing one of your own."

Anyway rant over. BTW I have a .wmv of
Psylichon in his underwear playing air guitar
with his golf clubs, funny as sh*t...
I'll post the
link in a bit ;-)

Message 46/163             07-May-03  @  11:19 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

influx

heh. you should see the old vid of me in the speedmetal band I was in...

we had no singer so I would "sing" the songs that I could...but couldnt really..

so..our first gig...the Waters Club in San Pedro..end of the show..I go to set my bass down and walk up to the mic to announce that we need a singer...

fuck cord is wrapped around my leg. I trip, almost fall, bass falls over (of course I hadnt turned down the volume all the way so it makes a lotta racket) and IT WAS ALL ON TAPE

now..THAT is something you can laugh at all you want!

Message 47/163             07-May-03  @  11:20 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

busterbloodvessel

LIP UP FATTY!

Message 48/163             08-May-03  @  01:06 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Mick

Legend has it that, on stage, in front of nearly 2000 people at the start of a set as part of the grand opening of a club in Daytona Beach my pants fell down. Well, as I remember it, they started to fall but I backed into the fog, returned to the ramp that led to the stage behind the band, cinched my belt, got it together and returned to center stage. Of course my band mates found the idea of my pants actually falling to be a much more amusing story.

Message 49/163             08-May-03  @  02:39 AM     Edit: 08-May-03  |  02:53 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

psylichon

"BTW I have a .wmv of Psylichon in his underwear playing air guitar with his golf clubs, funny as sh*t"

You liar, it was a tennis racket and a halter-top. BUSTED!!

psy

Message 50/163             08-May-03  @  04:12 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

man called clay

all i know is that i was a little hurt when someone made fun of influx for sounding like me.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17

There are 163 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)