aaa mcc> presents sage bomb - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: mcc> presents sage bomb

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 13-Jul-05  @  06:21 AM   -   mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

i met karen and jen at a spiritual retreat out in the mountains last april.
we've become quite close and we're working on a lot of stuff at a steady pace.
these first 2 songs show to what extent we're concerned with the genre-thing.....
which is to say we're not.

karen's been playing flute for a long time and it shows. i think the flute may be the most introspective instrument out there...and in ways the most human. this provides a nice counterpoint to what i do since my sounds can tend to be less than organic so much of the time. it's a lot of fun tossing electronic effects onto her already sublime performances....not to mention slicing-and-dicing them into new and unusual forms.

what is amazing is that jennifer has never been in front of a mic before.
our first track was anywhere everywhere. but it was only when she gave priestess a try that i knew i had something amazing before me.
i've always yearned to work with a great voice who had no idea she could even sing.
no star bs*...no we do things my way....etc.
the newer stuff has her doing some actual singing.....she's been able to handle anything i toss her way.

both girls' attitudes are great when it comes to working and i think it shows in the music.
thanks to all who've been trying to play priestess today/yesterday. it seems we weren't able to download the song since i had one of those pretensious angle-brackets in the name sage bomb.
what's really cool is that you can take the angle brackets like this:
<--sage-bomb--<<<<
and make it look like an arrow.

enjoy & thanks!
you didn't think i'd forget about you.....did you???
dream on.

mcc>

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 41/51             29-Aug-05  @  07:39 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Rags

Link?: Link

Ooh. Very nice.

These vocals has a pretty cool Björk-ish character, it is absolutely cool.

Ya know, for me it captures the feel of those open-air festivals where you just go from stage to stage (half drunk ) until you find something really soothing and meditative, so you stay there and dance with the crowd. Maybe it is because there is not much "edited" stuff going on (it seems), its more like a live performance where the band plays on and on because the people just enjoy it.

Message 42/51             29-Aug-05  @  03:44 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

::::::mcc>

much thanks rags.
there's a point @ 4 min. where you can hear where the short version will fade......same exact flute phrase i use to fade at the end of this long mix.
it's been decided this will be our 7th and final song of the first we wanted to leave it w/ a slightly party-love vibe and i think we've managed that with back 2 oNe.
the song started with a heavier latin-dance and far-eastern drum vibe....and no et synth-phrase.
i wanted to play with adding a bit more of me into the end of the song...and once i heard this sound...it was like fuck it.....
we just redefined it to be more like the early festival musics of say gong....system 7.

karena~ has just ordered her yamaha wx midi wind-controller so songs 5 and 6.....will show her palette blowing wide-open.

the girls are shooting some video presently and we have a guy in dublin who's been doing club and festival video and lighting for many years (including ibiza) who's wanting to do a video for us.
i just acquired final cut and since part of my college/art-school background includes film and video (though mostly painting) i'm eager to become part of the process of conceptualizing selecting and manipulating these images and what these videos will be about.....
not that they'll necessarily be about anything.

thanks again for listening and enjoying~

Message 43/51             05-Oct-05  @  07:41 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Sage Bomb

File?:  [image]

[image file]

it's this man's birthday today.
he wishes you all one full of music life love and expression which befit
the god in each and every one of us.

Message 44/51             05-Oct-05  @  07:45 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

well...i thought i uploaded a jpeg of myself but the system doesn't seem to want to accept pictures of
this horridly-deluded meglomaniac today.
i was going to follow up with with pics of the girls....hmmm.....

Message 45/51             05-Oct-05  @  10:22 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

k

Link?:  Link

it has a space in the filename - not compatible - remove the spaces

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 46/51             06-Oct-05  @  06:57 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

[image file]

mcc>@home

Message 47/51             06-Oct-05  @  07:03 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Rags

Link?: Link

Happy birthday Clay!

Now if you could just move the camera a bit right so it shows us the girls; please? :-)

Message 48/51             06-Oct-05  @  03:23 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

[image file]

karen~

Message 49/51             06-Oct-05  @  03:32 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

[image file]

beam*

Message 50/51             06-Oct-05  @  03:36 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

[image file]

thanks rags...and because it's your birthday...one more of jennifer lovebeam*

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 51 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)