aaa my top 5 albums of 2005 - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: my top 5 albums of 2005

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 11

Original Message                 Date: 06-Dec-05  @  04:27 PM   -   my top 5 albums of 2005

Dominic

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

In order. MY top5.

1. Gorillaz - Demon Days
2. Beck - Guero
3. Nouvelle Vauge - Nouvelle Vauge
4. The Go! Team - Thunder, Lightening, Strike
5. Z - My Morning Jacket

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 41/105             15-Dec-05  @  12:34 PM   -   RE: my top 5 albums of 2005

k

Link?:  Link

hear hear, GREAT plugin (and hardware)

yeah the old SPX90 much underated in this world of 24bit new fx units, but the old SPX stuff is still valid... that's quite a common technique on the hats, or used to be.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 42/105             15-Dec-05  @  12:36 PM   -   RE: my top 5 albums of 2005

monkeybasket2001

yeah ive used the hardware version- found it quite easy to over do and get that scooped heavy metal guitar sound over your whole mix...ear gets used to it very fast and i dont regret selling it. the valve spl vitalizer i has was nicer on the top end but again sold that as i felt i was using it as a crutch...i think on indiviudal tracks are generally where thes things shine, especially on your hats....and stuff.....

delays are def needed, in fact ive been looking for a cheap and dirty delay unit purely for space.....

greg

Message 43/105             15-Dec-05  @  02:05 PM   -   RE: my top 5 albums of 2005

k

Link?:  Link

well u cant go wrong with an SPX for delays (alhtough the top delay time isnt huge), and the verbs whilst old by todays standards sit nicely in a mix. often overly detailed reverbs dominate too much.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 44/105             15-Dec-05  @  03:12 PM   -   RE: my top 5 albums of 2005

psylichon

Link?: Link

I'm with Greg re: sonic "enhancers"

K, we need a pissing monkey icon innit!

Message 45/105             15-Dec-05  @  04:05 PM   -   RE: my top 5 albums of 2005

mcc>

and one passing out the geritol.
indeed!

Message 46/105             16-Dec-05  @  01:41 AM   -   RE: my top 5 albums of 2005

psylichon

File?:  [image]

[image file]

no really, like this, only with the ability to put the name of something you dislike beside it.

Message 47/105             16-Dec-05  @  01:43 AM   -   RE: my top 5 albums of 2005

psylichon

notice the final shake. it's flawless. incorporate immediately, please.

Message 48/105             16-Dec-05  @  03:50 AM   -   RE: my top 5 albums of 2005

cLownsiTTerz

not to curtail one's enthusiasm but ya really need some pisssssing monkey icon just to say something sucks?
not that there's anything wrong with convenience but just spit it out man (what words are for).

what's with this itching sensation?
geritol-related no doubt.

Message 49/105             16-Dec-05  @  06:48 AM   -   RE: my top 5 albums of 2005

psylichon

buzzkill. the monkey provides humor along with angst. it's a metaphysical thing.

and why the name change? for annoyance sake?

Message 50/105             16-Dec-05  @  09:41 AM   -   RE: my top 5 albums of 2005

Dominic

Psy just loves his toliet humour.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 11

There are 105 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)