aaa Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Original Message                 Date: 01-Aug-98  @  10:08 PM   -   Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Yo Supernova Supporters!!

We are going to update the Factory sounds with version 3 OS to take advantage of new parameters. This presents an opportunity to update the factory sounds.

Please, Please advise your thoughts on the following:

Firstly what sounds in the Factory Sounds you think are useless!!

- we will delete these and add new ones...

What type of sounds do you want to see more of?

Please describe the sounds "You" want in detail. "More Pads" for example is not really enough, "Deep Atmosphere AKA Korg Wavestation" is better.

If you have any sounds you think kick a___ for the Supernova then please send to me @ p.macdonald@btinternet.com.

We are going to compile a new set of factory sounds for Version 3 OS of Supernova. Any comments welcome. All older versions of factory sounds will be available on our internet site.
http://www.nova-uk.com.

Cheers,
Phill@Novation

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 41/79             09-Mar-99  @  12:08 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

DJ_CUSTARD

Were the hell do you get the OS3 software from. DOES IT EVEN EXIST???????

If so tell me how to get it, becuase everyone says it avaliable but it isnt. SO WHERE IS IT HUH?????

Message 42/79             09-Mar-99  @  12:33 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Mickey

Nobody within this forum said that it is available. It will be... soon. I assume Kinetik and the guys are coding day and night... it's ready if it's ready.

Mickey.

Message 43/79             10-Mar-99  @  10:11 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Digital Klang!!

How can a wavetable synth do a good Mellotron Choir!!!

Get a life

Message 44/79             10-Mar-99  @  02:39 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

stevoe

You obviously have:-

a) never heard a mellotron choir.

or

b) never used a MicrowaveII.

For the answer to your polite question you had better ask Waldorf how they manage to get such excellent sounds from wavetables...ok.

My life is just fine thanks.

Message 45/79             10-Mar-99  @  04:49 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Digital Klang

I had a Mellotron...

I still say a wavetable synth would be pushed to do it...anything short of a sampler would be pushed and that's exactly what I've done...sampled it chromatically for the entire duration of the tape,
Thus avoiding loops and retaining the microtuning...

you may wish to change the batteries in your hearing aid...

Message 46/79             10-Mar-99  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

stevoe

I have heard virtually every crap Mellotron sample going and heard most mellotron presets in most sound modules and synths and none of them even come remotely close to the real mellotron sound. All I am saying is that if you bothered to actually try the MicrowaveII I think you would agree that it can produce a superb Mellotron type choir sound amongst other sounds. The filters in that machine are pretty awesome and it is capable of producing that dirty warmth of a mellotron choir sound. I suggest you try it out instead of being so quick to judge..

Maybe you should check the batteries in your hearing aid...

Message 47/79             11-Mar-99  @  10:34 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Digital Klang

I think a single cycle loop cannot replicate chromatic 10 second samples which essentially a mellotron is...sorry if you think I'm wrong but a huge multisample can replicate a mellotron...maybe the samples you heard were designed to eventually fit on a floppy...anyway a mellotron is probably the first sample type instrument ever made...if single cycle loops could have done the job, mellotron could have saved themseleves a fortune in tape!!!

Klangger

Message 48/79             11-Mar-99  @  02:23 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Quickmix

I can't find the 3.0 Beta.

The Product page says it is on the download section.

But there is no beta.

Message 49/79             11-Mar-99  @  05:17 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

Sorry...I have not poisted the beta yet...If I post the version we have now any stuff you do via will not work when the final version is installed. Once this is dealt with I will realease it.

Phill@Novation

Message 50/79             12-Mar-99  @  02:31 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

stevoe

Phill,

Any progress on that beta yet? Do you have a rough estimation on when you will make it available?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

There are 79 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)