aaa buying a new pc - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: buying a new pc

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 21-Jul-00  @  06:08 PM   -   buying a new pc

sitar

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I'm soon buying a new pc custom built. These people did me solid on the last one. Couple of questions:

Somebody suggested getting an Athlon chip instead of a Pentium. Is Athlon really better for digital audio and graphics? I would otherwise get a P3 850 Mhz. I also have to look into Athlon compatibility with Logic, Cake, and Layla. Anyone know of compatibility problems between Athlon and any music software?

Would I be better off in your opinions to get a scsi hard-drive with less storage space> Otherwise I am planning on getting a 30GB IDE 7200 rpm hd.

The motherboard will be an ASUS 133 bus and probably with the square pentium chip slot as opposed to the long rectangular one. Scsi or Athlon will change tat of course. Is there any difference between the two chip configurations? I'm told that Intel is phasing out the rectangular one in favor of the square one.

Also an ASUS GeForce 32mg video card. I need to check that for compatibility also.

Lastly I'm sticking with Windows 98 because I detect that Logic and Windows 2000 have not totally embraced eachother yet.

Any comments, answers, insights are more than welcome.  

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 51/54             03-Aug-00  @  03:01 AM   -   RE: buying a new pc

Breakerbox

I don't have my modem installed anymore, i had this problem abut a year ago, right now i have an intenal DSL card, which lists as a network card in properties, why were you asking?

Message 52/54             03-Aug-00  @  09:39 AM   -   RE: buying a new pc

sitar

I am continuing my plight in the Logic Forum under 'More pc/av misery'. Sounds like a good time huh.

Message 53/54             30-Aug-00  @  01:21 PM   -   RE: buying a new pc

drastiksolutions

Link?: Link

Custom recording computers designed and configured for Digital Audio Recording,
Mastering, and Editing. We cater to the Engineer Musician and Home Recording enthusiast
who is looking for a all in one solution to the often confusing and technical world of Pc
Recording. Our tech's are all expert certified engineers of DAW recording and have real
world knowledge and experience using the hardware and software you cant wait to get your
hands on! This site is designed for answers and solutions, if you have any questions related
to a computer recording setup please e-mail or call and remember, it's all about the music.

the lowest prices in the nation

Message 54/54             31-Aug-00  @  03:50 PM   -   RE: buying a new pc

99devils

Link?:  No link

Man don't you give up?

You should be paying Kilo for the free advertising you're getting.

-Craig

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 54 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)