aaa New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 24-Feb-98  @  10:12 PM   -   New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

orprofi

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hi ,everyone. Did you hear 'bout new Yamaha's
PCI Soundcard called SW1000XG.
20(!!!)Mb of ROM,64 poly, 31 multitimbral+ 1 part of realtime VL synthesis, 7 parallel DSP 24-bit effects, 2 AD inputs (like in SW60XG) for external effect processing, S/PDIF, 24 Channel HD Recorder. The only Quetion : How much does it cost ? Well. I don't know. But if the price will be temperate-moderate i will sell my old but nice SW60XG and buy this really cool stuff.

Somebody knows the price ? Please......

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 51/58             14-Oct-98  @  01:17 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

ben

Does anoyone know where to get hold of one of these in the UK? Turnkey reckoned next week - but Turnkey have a habit of talking crap. They also quoted a price of £449. Does this sound about right?

Cheers,

Ben.

Message 52/58             14-Oct-98  @  09:11 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

david

I have a SW1000XG on back order from Sound Solutions. £449 seems to be the final price. The first shipment of cards are expected this week, but it's said that they're all spoken for. The hold up seems to be due to translating documentation rather than hardware or software.

David

Message 53/58             16-Oct-98  @  10:23 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

m010726

449 Pounds is too much! I ordered mine from a local music store for 525 DOLLARS. That is substantially cheaper, considering a UK pound is goin for 1.6 - 1.8 dollars!! Don't go through mail order or the internet! Talk to a salesman! I heard that Guitar Center (USA) is getting a large portion of the shipment due on Oct 31. Their salesmen are young guys who don't care what they sell it for because they don't get commissions! They'l probably sell one for $500-$550 if you talk em down!

2nd shipment is due in November.

Message 54/58             17-Oct-98  @  12:28 AM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

Atrius

You had to say that after I just paid $700.00 for one did'nt ya.  Oh well cest la vie. I got the same information and am on the list for the 2nd shipment, which they said was late november.

Message 55/58             20-Oct-98  @  05:40 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

forestmuse

currently I have one on order from the guitar centre. here in usa.
the release date was meant to have been oct 16 - 17.
the price is $699.00 US.. LIST PRICE.. actual price ?? could be a bit lower.
not sure where I am on the list grin.
will be ringing my store tomorrow to check up.

I got the dsp card ( it was given to me as a present and I needed to get the sw1000xg one FIRST>>>>> so i had to send em back POUT.. but will be getting the dsp and the audio extension later).
and the audio plug in box ( the one that goes in front of cpu with the lovely preamp for mikes etc.
IMPRESSIVE CARD..........

hope the sw1000xg is as good.
( i have a yamaha vl70m tone generator ready to use.. and a wx11 wind controller and cAKEWALK 8)

am waiting with bated breath...
(got a awe64 gold.. and it kept conflicting and crashing .. BLOOMING doorstop material.. good for games but NOT for audio recording.).

great list here will keep you informed..

forestmuse

Message 56/58             26-Oct-98  @  04:04 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

cckavan

I ordered one two weeks ago. Salesman said that it will cost about FIM 4000 (about $800). I think that salesman is pissing me off because it doesn't cost $200 - $350 to ship one to Finland. Anyway I've been waiting for this card for sooo long that I don't really care if I have to pay little more but this is way too much.

Message 57/58             29-Oct-98  @  10:58 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

dj_creation2

I purchased one to day in the UK- I got it for £410 which is a bloody good price.
I have not had a lot of time to play with it yet but it looks pretty good- much better than my Maxisound HSP64 by a long way.

Message 58/58             30-Oct-98  @  01:35 PM   -   RE: New & cool ? YAMAHA SW1000XG

jed

Yamaha has set up a special sw1000xg site at www.xgfactory.com

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 58 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)