aaa high end - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: high end

Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15

Original Message                 Date: 12-Jan-02  @  09:34 PM   -   high end

Pongoid

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

a buddy of mine is about to invest in a really nice studio, and I'm looking for info on various old, warm, high end consoles. Not like SSL/Gamble type prices, but definately over the $100,000 mark. I know some of the stuff below that, but I'm kinda in the dark on the really high end. I know convertors, and the digital medium fairly well, but need more info on what, where and how much, before sinking re

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 51/144             27-Mar-02  @  06:06 PM   -   RE: high end

Pongoid

Link?: Link

The PCM70 does wierd shit like 200% regenerative delays and such, serious noise and feedback machine. I saw one of the head dudes at Digidesign, Tom DeMuzio, doing a noise set with some amazing stuff, all stuck through that and an H3000, but the majority of the sound was the PCM70. The sounds that that guy made with that and the way it evolved, just by gently nudging the feedback, and the times was like nothing I've EVER heard, before or since. Also, it just sounds REALLY nice as a delay. I does other neat things as well, but that was what struck me most.

Ape

Message 52/144             27-Mar-02  @  06:19 PM   -   RE: high end

Pongoid

BTW, nice K. Old T.C. stuff kicks ass. So warm.

Ape

Message 53/144             28-Mar-02  @  02:50 AM   -   RE: high end

k

the 70's got those tuned resonant delay chords and shit - never used an 80/81 or other, only the 70 meself.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 54/144             28-Mar-02  @  10:44 AM   -   RE: high end

Pongoid

I WANT ONE!!!!!

Ape

Message 55/144             28-Mar-02  @  05:39 PM   -   RE: high end

Pongoid

Someday...

Message 56/144             29-Mar-02  @  01:11 AM   -   RE: high end

k

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Neve 2254E

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 57/144             29-Mar-02  @  01:15 AM   -   RE: high end

k

[image file]

A pair of 2254A's

Message 58/144             29-Mar-02  @  01:41 AM   -   RE: high end

k

[image file]

and a pair of 2254's

Message 59/144             29-Mar-02  @  02:01 AM   -   RE: high end

k

[image file]

AMS 1580S Delay...

Message 60/144             29-Mar-02  @  12:36 PM   -   RE: high end

Pongoid

Where are you coming up with all of this beauty? yum yum. I think I saw some AMS piece not so long ago, but didn't really know anything about it at the time. Neat.

Ape

Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15

There are 144 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)