aaa If you're feelin it... - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: If you're feelin it...

Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13

Original Message                 Date: 20-Mar-02  @  12:36 PM   -   If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

...swing on by and check some stuff out. Should be a few new trax up in the coming days, as soon as my buddy gets them coded. Most of it's pretty tame. I'm savin the raw stuff for the live gigs.

Ape

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 51/126             31-Mar-02  @  11:26 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitarsong

Link?: Link

That track is TOO MUCH. Awesome. Listening to it I got to thinkin. You and Influx. If you guys did a gig together I'd go just about anywhere on the planet to see it. Even New Jersey. I could see you guys doing a killer gig. Share the billing doing your own tracks and do some stuff together as well. That'd be killer. Really. It's gotta happen.

Message 52/126             01-Apr-02  @  12:07 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

influx

yeah. we'd probably end up getting in an argument. Two hardheads put together? scary;)

Message 53/126             01-Apr-02  @  01:30 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

marianimal

Link?:  No link

Arrgghh, just noticed there were new ones up, have been very slack about checking the tracks forum, and now I'm having trouble staying connected to the server while they d/l. Looking fwd to hearing them though.

Message 54/126             01-Apr-02  @  02:50 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitarsong

That would be the best part of the show :P

Have you guys actually met? I think you 2 would have a blast together. Your musical integrities wouldn't create arguments I don't think.

Message 55/126             01-Apr-02  @  07:21 AM     Edit: 01-Apr-02  |  07:27 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

dissonance

I'd like to say I'm sorry to all that have run into problems when trying to download my man's shit. The host I use is hella cheap, but they seem to be trying to goof around with something all the time, which causes intermitent disruptions and stuff. But let me tell you, the price is right and I have unlimited server space. And speaking of large amounts of data..

Ya know...if you nag the Ape enough he may let me put up his live set "@the Trap Door". I've asked him and he told me no, so make some noise...and maybe he'll say okay...I just listened to it again and boy is it nasty!

dissonance

Message 56/126             01-Apr-02  @  01:31 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitarsong

Hey dissonance. Haven't seen you in a while? How are things? Yesterday I was trying to remember your dt name. And here you are. Thank goodness. It was driving me nuts.

What is the Trap Door? It is very cool that these tracks are up. People, I hope you take advantage and listen to some of these tracks. Even if it isn't your flava, Pongoid's hard work and dedication over however long he's been at it shines through. There's nothing amateur about these tracks. I have lots of cds from major labels sitting around that don't come anywhere close just to give you an idea. Try to sit still while these are playing. Beats are excellent. I d/l'd "Finger Hash" and "Something Clicked". Normally I won't listen unless it's posted here, but because I know Pongoid and his music it was easy to make an exception. I'm saying if you want some inspiration, it's there.

And I'm not implying that other music posted here is "less than" or not inspiring. I'm not implying anything. Just listen to it.

Message 57/126             01-Apr-02  @  03:41 PM     Edit: 01-Apr-02  |  04:01 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

dissonance

Sitar.....how goes it bro? I'm wrapping up the associates degree this semester and should be done for a hot minute....maybe I'll have more time to work on tracks and stuff.

"@ the Trap Door" is a set that Ape played in NYC at this spot called "the Trap Door". Damn is it nasty! Like I said, nag him about it, and maybe he'll give me the OK on it, and I'll be able to put it up. Although, it won't really do you any good being that the set is a little over an hour long and would take forever for you to download. Maybe I could mail you a disc with that on it??? HMMM gonna have to ask the ape on that one...but we'll see!

peace

Dissonance

Message 58/126             01-Apr-02  @  05:24 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Sitar,
I believe you were there while I played. In fact, I know you were. It was in a basement of some place on the West Side. The basement was absolutely packed. I played just after Zipperspy. I think it was the fist time you saw my Q, and my Xbase. I had just gotten it. I wasn't all that happy with the entire set as a whole, but there were some cool moments. It didn't evolve as quickly as I'd have liked, but that's my self criticism. It worked well at the time, and folks did get their boogy on. I'd rather give you folks better, because I can, and you deserve it. Thanks for your support. You're why I keep going in the face of obscurity, starvation, theft, and other things that sometimes make life more of a challenge than an opportunity. Respect, all.

Ape

Message 59/126             01-Apr-02  @  05:49 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

...and Fluxie, I'd love to do a show with ya.

Ape

Message 60/126             01-Apr-02  @  06:33 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

dissonance

ahh so it turns out that Sitar had heard the set. O'well! Regardless of what the Ape says...that set is still the stinky, funky shit....for sho! But this other set that I had the pleasure of watching the Ape throw down was certainly tighter, but I fuct up while encoding it and missed the last ten minutes or so, which just happened to be the best part.

"Turn around and I got this girl ready to lick my ass" hahaha that was the shit oops sorry for the pooper pun

dissonance

Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13

There are 126 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)