aaa Ironic - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Ironic

Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Original Message                 Date: 02-Apr-03  @  05:43 PM   -   Ironic

Zazza

Link?:  No link
File?:  [image]

[image file]

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 51/103             07-Apr-03  @  08:28 PM   -   RE: Ironic

influx

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

awww come on. lets just twist everything I say then, k?

I am well aware of the shit that "Native Americans" were put through and are still going through.

and Blacks, mexicans, whatever. Its all true.

fck it. Im just gonna go sit in my nice comfy SoCal IDONTKNOWSHIT little world then while all you other fckers who have it all figured out do something about it, k?

Message 52/103             07-Apr-03  @  08:43 PM   -   RE: Ironic

Steve Roughley

"that is because zazza, roughley and the like are CONSTANTLY talking shit about AMERICANS as if we're all just worthless pieces of shit based solely on our place of birth?"

Well, in my defence, I can't recall ever doing this. If you could point out what gave you this idea, then I will clear it up. I certainly didn't mean to piss you off Influx. My appologies.

Steve.

Message 53/103             07-Apr-03  @  08:52 PM   -   RE: Ironic

influx

argh. This is like a mess I cant wipe up!

no..you didnt piss me off, but are you really gonna tell me youre not on the "america sucks" bandwagon?

If I misinterpreted then it is I who should apologize, but I dont think thats the case

hell, most of you guys, even the shit-talkers, I have a great deal of respect for! there are quite a few educated, eloquent folks here.

but...its just the blind enthusiasm for america bashing that gets me riled up. I want solutions too

but jesus...the fact is that this particular thread wasnt a direct jab at the US anyway, and I am the one that turned into that, so...Im gonna pull out now

Message 54/103             07-Apr-03  @  11:14 PM     Edit: 07-Apr-03  |  11:15 PM   -   RE: Ironic

Steve Roughley

Naw, it's cool. Personally, I'm prepared to attack countless facets of any country, mine included. And I do all the time. But I haven't actually seen such a thread on DT that I can contribute to (I'm certainly not going to start a thread that attacks anyone, with the exception of Elton John or Ant and Dec), and now that I think of it, I do see your point. It does allways seem to be the US that gets attacked.

As for the America Sucks Bandwagon, yeah I'm on it, but it is by no means the only Country Sucks Bandwagon that I am riding. As far as my experience of other Countries goes, the only country that I am happy with is probably Antarctica, but I don't know much about its government or native religions, so I'm not 100% sure. At any rate it's certainly not a personal attack mate, but I can see now, just how annoying it is.

Regards.

Steve.

Message 55/103             08-Apr-03  @  12:43 AM   -   RE: Ironic

influx

nothing was personal until zazza dropped the TIRED-ASS argument about slavery (in which most of his citings refer to events/occurences that happened for 19 fecking THIRTY!) insinuating that I dont know shit about what is wrong with the states and that I should go "enlighten" myself.

that, in and of itself, was insulting.

fact remains that the US govt is a dirty one. Not all the people here agree with the govts actions, nor are we all fat, lazy, stupid, and narrow-minded (but Im not gonna for an INSTANT think that open-mindedness means blind acceptance of every single motherfcker that wants to come along and claim some random title)

here I am. stuck in the middle. both sides are full of shit. been clearly demonstrated.

Message 56/103             08-Apr-03  @  11:07 AM   -   RE: Ironic

Zazza

'TIRED-ASS argument about slavery'

It's not an argument it's a living reality..

Try this.. 'Black up' and drive cross-country across Georgia (try driving maybe a nice new BMW?).. stopping in the handy roadside cafes (be sure you don't miss out Mcintosh county) and have a friendly chat with the nice people (especially women) you meet there...

If you come back alive, I'll apologise 

It's only white people that think racism is dead..

What abotu that case recently where a town in the south hired a private detective to investigate drug dealing ... they ended arresting and imprisoning 10% of the black population based solely on his 'verbal' evidence and a bunch of little bags of coke that he claimed he found on these people.

Turned out later that he had bought some coke, cut it into to little bags and planted it on everyone..

Result? Black people still in prison serving sentences of up to 14 years. The guy that comitted perjory and got them locked up has a nice new job with another police force.

Message 57/103             08-Apr-03  @  12:26 PM   -   RE: Ironic

BJT

Well anyway, I´m in spain today arent I, yes I am, yes I am, off to Fuencarrel to check out the latest in underground kulture.

Message 58/103             08-Apr-03  @  02:19 PM   -   RE: Ironic

knowa

and the racists here *always* take the escalators.

Message 59/103             08-Apr-03  @  03:03 PM   -   RE: Ironic

Zazza

hehehehe 

Message 60/103             08-Apr-03  @  06:23 PM   -   RE: Ironic

influx

zazza. racism and slavery are two different things.

I didnt say racism was dead, or gone, or not a reality.

nor would I even attempt to say that past injustices are not affecting people currently.

but again, I will say that the US does not hold a monopoly on racism. The simple fact that there IS racism in the US does not make it a ed up place (there is racism EVERYWHERE and it aint ALL whitey!) and things ARE much better than they've ever been. Perception and actions need to change drastically in many regards. no doubt. on ALL sides.

"slavery" is over, so griping about what happened _then_ without contextualizing it is just lame.

do you still call germany out because of what happened in the 40s?

hell..dont you live in england? England is still the biggest imperialist on the planet, with more "territories" than anyone else, no?

Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

There are 103 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)