aaa the force is strong with this one - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: the force is strong with this one

Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17

Original Message                 Date: 06-May-03  @  12:28 AM   -   the force is strong with this one

steve

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

fat kid + star wars = greater than a sum of its parts.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 51/163             08-May-03  @  04:33 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

psylichon

Link?: Link

then you hadn't had enough beers at that point.

Message 52/163             08-May-03  @  05:08 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

man called clay

Link?:  No link

now we're making fun of me drinking....
i mean MY drinking....
hey! which reminds me!

Message 53/163             08-May-03  @  10:22 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Jock Munro

nah sorry, I disagree with being sensitive to fat people, even if they do have a condition. My partner has PCOS, which has a lot of side effects, one of which is obesity. There are specific diets to aid her condition. She knows she cant eat certain things, she does really well. Unfortunately she'll have to take care of her diet all her life. But she deals with it well and accepts it.

Its actually quite obscene that there are so many fatties in the western world gorging themselves out of pure greed. Especially when there are so many people starving.

I have consistantly been a tubby little bastard ever since I suffered from extreme asthma from birth. Then add to the mix getting a car and being able to drink and eat kebabs in my 20's. I was extremely obese. Made me feel like shit. I didnt mind people knocking me about my weight until one day I realised what a sack of shit I was. I did something about it. Its a long hard ongoing struggle, but its certainly worth it.

The majority of fat people CAN do something about it, but choose not to. Maybe their parents are fat too, and they have an unfair disadvantage. Maybe they have an extremely slow metabolism. So what, you deal with your condition and sort it out. Life isnt fair, and struggle and perserverance is all part of the game. Theres no excuse's for being obese. Its down to laziness and greed. And people should stop pussyfooting around fatties.

If that sounds intolerant and unreasonable, then sorry. But thats they way it is. And remember this is coming from someone who is still overweight and unhappy about it.

Message 54/163             08-May-03  @  11:11 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

cheddar

Link?:  Link

Fair point wheezy, but how come fat people are more fun - "tears of the clown"?

Message 55/163             08-May-03  @  11:13 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

cheddar

^^^

Message 56/163             09-May-03  @  03:00 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

lovehandle

^

Message 57/163             09-May-03  @  06:34 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

influx

heh. lol at cheddar

and...fat acceptance ey?

now THAT is WRONG

fat is unhealthy, and yes, often sprouts from gluttony or poor diet...its not something that should be ENCOURAGED

but definitely not a source of mental abuse either

Message 58/163             09-May-03  @  06:43 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

xoxos

one of my early 'experimental band' gigs, i said "okay, i'll be on stage playing this biscuit tin on a stick drum, you lot start in the audience and join in with portable instruments, whistles, whatever, and make your way up to the stage.." so we go and it's video taping, drum, drum, drum.. not a note from anyone else, so i'm like what the fuck, everyone's looking at me waiting for something to happen, and i start beating myself over the head with it..

in the video, i'm drumming, pans away, pans back rapidly just in time to see me walloping myself all close up at some crazy tilted camera angle, you're watching it and it's like OH MY GOD!

i have no recollection of how long i had to do that before things got going.. bastards  

Message 59/163             09-May-03  @  10:35 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

influx

heh. hows that for public scrutiny!

Message 60/163             10-May-03  @  01:39 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Mick

Xoxos, LOL. I swear you and Palmer are brothers in a parallel universe.

Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17

There are 163 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)