aaa how many people remember... - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: how many people remember...

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 13-Dec-06  @  08:13 PM   -   how many people remember...

sitar

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

k's name at dancetech before he switched to k?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 51/65             08-Jan-07  @  09:00 AM   -   RE: how many people remember...

chroma

Link?:  No link

high

so what you all up to now that techno is dead

Message 52/65             08-Jan-07  @  12:38 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

Maarten

Link?: Link

heheh, hi man! I guess we're the adaptive bunch

Message 53/65             08-Jan-07  @  05:52 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

milan

ooooooooh... its the ghost crew

nice to see you all again!

i havent done much music wise last year, but have just built some very solid speaker risers for my mackies so maybe better acoustics will inspire me to do something  

Message 54/65             10-Jan-07  @  10:51 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

Yonce N Mild

Link?:  No link

I've been hiding out getting setteled into a new house and doing the family thing.
Not too much music stuff for the past few years.

I just recently got my studio put back together and have been playing keyboards/producing for a newly formed industrial/metal band.

Working with some pretty talented kids with a good creative flow. It feels good to be making music again.

I'll be sure to upload some tracks once we get some tracks down.

It's good to see so many old school DTers still lurking.

Hopefully things pick back up, I miss this place.

I'm sure I'll be harrassing you guys soon about tips for recording live instruments since I've never really recorded anything but synths/drum machines that I sequence and record myself one track at a time.

Besides the fact that I have very little musical knowledge and even less talent.

In all seriousness I learned absolutly everything I know about making music from this site It good to see you guys I hope all is well with you and yours.

Oh and wasn't kilo-43 world the URL of the original site or something like that? I still say the spinny clock should make a comeback.

Message 55/65             11-Jan-07  @  07:04 AM   -   RE: how many people remember...

CydoniaCell

I used to be Errata, or just, "e"

I swing by every now and again to see what's up.

Still doin' Psy-trance... and downtempo...not playing out much anymore with that stuff, but that's because the INDUSTRIAL act i've been in for two years is getting noticed like the techno never did...

Either that or I grew up enough to start charging for shows and marketing myself instead of being these idealistic hippy who threw free parties and played out for the sake of the event, etc... hahahah

the most obvious sign that the years have passed and the times have changed:

I do everything on my laptop now, hahaha...

Cheers everyone,

e

Message 56/65             11-Jan-07  @  07:48 AM   -   RE: how many people remember...

psylichon

I just got my first production deal today. As in, I'll be producing a full album, and they will actually pay me to do this. What a crazy world we live in.

I've done bits and bobs of production work at the studio. A few string arrangements/mockups here and there, some piano and synth stuff every so often. But these girls are looking for a nice acoustic-electronic blend with ear candy and some edge. They have great songs and voices, open minds toward song direction and arrangement, and a budget to hire the best musicians around. So it's finally a project I'm quite excited to work on! Wish me luck...

... and Yonce, hit me up with any acoustic recording questions ya have. I've gotten to track damn near anything you can think of at Morningstar, and I'd love to help you if I can.

Message 57/65             11-Jan-07  @  03:24 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

milan

good stuff psy

Message 58/65             12-Jan-07  @  06:15 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

k

Link?:  Link

congrats Psy!!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 59/65             12-Jan-07  @  06:51 PM     Edit: 12-Jan-07  |  06:58 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

beds

nice, dave.

just did this today for a tv show. it's all rugby around here.

meanwhile, i've gone back to school to do a computer science degree, still keeping my oar in with bits and bobs of music though.

ps

5 quid for who can guess what the teevee ppl wanted us to 'emulate' for that track

Message 60/65             14-Jan-07  @  02:57 AM     Edit: 14-Jan-07  |  02:58 AM   -   RE: how many people remember...

sox

Really nice to see some old faces in here....
Old Dancetechers never die....they just upgrade

Man...I've been super busy working with a new band - Visionary Underground

Learning the set, setting up sounds for the past 5 weeks. Started live rehearsals now...very long day... basically playing 2-9pm with about an hours break....gonna be a tight sucka when it's live!

We'll be playing in Italy, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Belgium, London, Hungary (and possibly Calgary) doing different festivals.... First booked gig is March 16th in Budapest (on a boat in the Danube!) .

Getting all my chops back as well...lol
Been a loooong time since I played for that length of time!

sox

PS. Still teaching...and we got a new web presence.
CM Sounds

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 65 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)