aaa Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Original Message                 Date: 01-Aug-98  @  10:08 PM   -   Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Yo Supernova Supporters!!

We are going to update the Factory sounds with version 3 OS to take advantage of new parameters. This presents an opportunity to update the factory sounds.

Please, Please advise your thoughts on the following:

Firstly what sounds in the Factory Sounds you think are useless!!

- we will delete these and add new ones...

What type of sounds do you want to see more of?

Please describe the sounds "You" want in detail. "More Pads" for example is not really enough, "Deep Atmosphere AKA Korg Wavestation" is better.

If you have any sounds you think kick a___ for the Supernova then please send to me @ p.macdonald@btinternet.com.

We are going to compile a new set of factory sounds for Version 3 OS of Supernova. Any comments welcome. All older versions of factory sounds will be available on our internet site.
http://www.nova-uk.com.

Cheers,
Phill@Novation

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 51/79             22-Mar-99  @  11:12 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Fin

Phil,

some more suggestions:

CS-80 Brass and String copies.

Some weird FX! Supernova modulation sections is wild! Can't we have some mad sounds in there? Have a flick about an Emu Audity 2000 - their presets are nuts...

Also, I made a copy of that JP8000 "arpeggios" patch last night, things like that'd be nice. Fading from oscillator to oscillator and panning at the same time etc... lalala...

I'll shut up now!

Regards - Fin.

Message 52/79             22-Mar-99  @  09:08 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

cackirk

Hi Phil,

Some trancey arpeggio type sounds where I think an LFO sweeps the pitch of the sync would be nice, something like the Prophecy Preset B45 (Trance Arpegg!).

This would give those of us trying to learn how to program some ideas on how to use the sync, which I'm sure I'm not using as effectively as I could.

Message 53/79             22-Mar-99  @  09:09 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

It's great to have this feed back...

I recently got some good sounds by raiding yet more older gear...nameley oberhiem...

Please specify the types of sounds required and if possible the factory preset number...

your feedback counts...It will go into OS3 sounds.

Thankx for the input

Phill@Novation

Message 54/79             22-Mar-99  @  09:12 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

Hey buy the way...If you have any specific requests...

Requests are welcome...specify Synth and factory preset...

Phill@Novation

Message 55/79             24-Mar-99  @  05:15 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Spike

I would like 303 sounds..I would like Wavestation sounds etc etc
Why? I want Supernova sounds. Sounds that other people try to emulate. If I want Waldorf salad sounds - I buy a Waldorf. If all we are doing is to retro old synth sounds OB etc then we haven't progressed very far have we? Stability yes. Effects yes. but with all this new power why not new sounds? Time for my medication? oh and while I'm insane..
If you take an Oriental person and spin him around several times, does he become disoriented?

Message 56/79             24-Mar-99  @  08:56 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

stevoe

I think there is enough room in the Supernova to accomodate the best of both worlds, a bank of retro sounds and 3 banks of new, exciting sounds.

Message 57/79             24-Mar-99  @  11:09 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

MATT

Excellent idea !!!
I am especially into the retro sounds that can be made on the Supernova though... stuff like the randomly arpeggiated Jupiter 8 thing used for Duran Duran's Rio.....COOL and Depeche Mode basses and stuff.....

Nice one Phill, Keep up the more than excellent work.

Message 58/79             24-Mar-99  @  04:16 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

oli

hi,
on the frankfurt music fairy i heared about supernovas v3. i read the sound will be "clearer and cleaner" then before, how you managed this? did you change the algorithms or did you just add some treble?
...what do you think about FM for the supernova (i.e. mod to filter) or a possibility to play a fast lfo (hi range(fm)) via keyboard, routed to an osc or filter?

cheers oliver

p.s.: please don`t be disapointed, that i don`t ask for mellotron sounds in the supernova!

Message 59/79             24-Mar-99  @  06:02 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

There will be both a mixure of "Classic stuff" and New stuff...

I am working on this now...

This is why I keep asking what sounds people like so that I can create what you want...

"New sounds" is a vague...but I know what you mean...

With the new effects configs many things new should be possible...

Phill@Novation

Message 60/79             24-Mar-99  @  07:52 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Mickey

MATT - couldn't agree more!!! I L O V E Depeche Modes sounds!

Mickey / the biggest DM fan in Frankfurt/Main :-)

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

There are 79 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)