aaa Rebirth 1.5 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Rebirth 1.5

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Original Message                 Date: 19-Oct-97  @  11:16 PM   -   Rebirth 1.5

Sedusa66

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hey everybody.. it's out if you want it...
http://www.propellerheads.se/index.html..
Haven't dld the demo yet, gotta run off to the store for some DAT tapes, but I"ll check it out when I dl it later.. happy birthday!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 51/75             28-Oct-97  @  06:08 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Spot

Hmm, offically, dont the samples used in rebirth belong to roland anyway ?, who`s nicking who`s shit ?

Message 52/75             28-Oct-97  @  06:53 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Sedusa66

This is a terrible thing. Please, let us not disrupt the harmony of one of the greatest little chunks of data floating around in the no-space of the internet..

Anyway, I thought the PCF sounded like shit, but I haven't screwed with it very much.. I was expecting greater things of 1.5 (the midi implementation may make up for this, but I don't know yet)... And I've had 1.5 crash my machine, something which 1.0 never did, except when I tried to use those wack DirectX drivers.. We'll see if 1.5 actually is superior, or if I should really just stick with 1.0.

Message 53/75             28-Oct-97  @  08:04 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

kilo

er........sorry Roland MC-505...... bloody hell, I'm getting brain ache from all this ...... so there are 909 patch posts at the propellorheads site are there.... hang on I'll have alook.......

back again.....wow 7 posts...... busy board huh ?......... and so well designed and laid-out.....

Message 54/75             28-Oct-97  @  11:02 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

mbiel

I in no way want to stand up for propellerheads but there board did just crash. Prior to that there were a number of posts. There are two programs out now that let you use your own samples. One is called PCP and the other is something like Reinforcer. I'm at work now (tough workin for the government when they give us internet access) and I have the links at home. If anyone is remotely interested I'll dig em up and post them.

Message 55/75             29-Oct-97  @  01:09 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Peezahj

Link?:  Link

Shouts out to all who help make this a great room to post.....no disrespect to Aussies, Avene......

I'm sure many would love to see these progs, but please post a new topic so this string can die and never be heard from again.

Man, oldest, most boring topic on the 'net (piracy). It's never gonna get solved, powers much greater than anyone here have tried, you might as well be arguing religion. It's not even FUN!

Hilevelt

Message 56/75             29-Oct-97  @  02:33 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Avene

Link?:  Link

Hilevelt, to be honest, I don't really care if you do slag off Aussies...Most Australians are a bunch of racist pricks who only listen to rock n roll and have no respect for any other form of music. Rodney may even agree with me here....

Message 57/75             29-Oct-97  @  06:57 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

rodneyh

Avene,

I don't know about most of us being racist pricks, but we do have that element, more than some countries and less than others. (just look at the support that loser Pauline you know who has won from narrow minded idiots). A lot of people in Sydney are pretentious and shallow.

Yes a lot of them are very ignorant in their musical tastes and only listen to rock genres, which are deader than dead.

Kilo I have insurance in fact I work in that industry.

Message 58/75             29-Oct-97  @  07:13 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5 - Steinberg's Negative Attitude

rodneyh

I can undestand Steinberg getting upset at a patched version of their complete copyrighted program being posted to a net site, with parts of the executable changed.

But it shouldn't be illegal to post an "updater" program that changes the way Rebirth works (as long as it doesn't break the copy protection which is meant to help secure their copyright).

I'm not a lawyer so I don't know the full legality on this, but to me it's like a car manufacturer saying that it's illegal for owners to enhance their car with their own modifications.

Anyone armed with enough knowledge, and programming and debugging tools, and their own legit copy of Rebirth (or anything else) could in theory develop their own patch to the program and should be able to distribute it. After all, 3rd parties can distribute their own versions of DLLs that are part of windows for example, in effect modifying this software in a similar way.

I think Steinberg are being Nazis on this one. I mean this whole area must be pretty grey - where do they get their advice from?

Demon I guarantee that I am not NoName.

I also guarantee that I'm not the one who mailed Steinberg, despite what I have said about piracy. My comments at the top of this post should make that clear.

I'm sorry if I've disrupted people's Karma on this whole thread but at least it's been lively.

Does anyone want me to say something controversial and offensive about another topic so that we can get another thread started?

Rod.

Message 59/75             29-Oct-97  @  07:15 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

kid303

Rebirth is a dead duck anyway.The 303 sound just bores
the pants off me now.Dance tracks with a 303 just don't
sound fresh anymore.Do yourself a favour and don't
bother with it.I called Steinberg a bunch of nazis a
while ago,guess i was wrong ,right??.........

Message 60/75             29-Oct-97  @  07:33 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

rodneyh

kid303 - you're a kid ahead of your time, but if you hate the squeal, why base your nick on it man?

It must be pretty embarassing when they drop some acid at a club and your pants fall down 'cos it so boring. The club chicks must love it, not to mention the gays.

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

There are 75 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)