aaa MC-505 on sale - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: MC-505 on sale

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 29-Jan-98  @  12:53 PM   -   MC-505 on sale

csg6031

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hi, I was in my local proaudio/music shop this
morning,

And they had a roland MC-505 running some demos.
is it already available in UK Shops?.

It had some pretty convincing Drum & Bass demos in it.
But somehow I got this audio equivalent of 'painting by numbers' feeling.

Anyway for the interested, they asked fl 2400,-
for it as an introductionairy price. later it will
be fl 2900,-.
Divide these numbers by 3.5 to obtain the price in
UK pounds.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 51/66             13-Mar-98  @  01:38 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

hprieger

Checked the 505 out two weeks ago (February 98), no doubt,
a great machine that does almost anything for youwithout and synths.
Anyway, none should pay more than $900-$1000 for it since all the stores right now think they can charge a premium. I 'll bet you if you go in a store with $900 cash and stuff it in the managers face he'll sell it for $900. Its all about negotiating it and using time for you.
Go get it, its the hottest thing out there.

Message 52/66             13-Mar-98  @  06:01 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kid303

I doubt if it's the hottest thing out there.Not with products like Virus and Event Gina currently doing the rounds.

Message 53/66             13-Mar-98  @  11:40 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kilo

all i can say is..... in the rock industry about 7 years ago.......in the guitar magazines.......everyone ended up with a pointy headstock....... a rack pre-amp with fx unit.........and a power amp, Rocktron Hush and 4 X12 cab...(The GIT rig!!)...then rock music died !!!!!!!!!!......why ??......... why did all those "I got the right gear to make the right sound" bands get stuffed by a bunch of less technical people playing totally uncool nerdy 60's Gretch etc etc axes.......???

COS PEOPLE GOT FUCKED OFF WITH CRAPPY STREOTYPICAL ROCK BANDS ALL SOUNDING THE SAME WITH ALL THE SAME GEAR....... nuff said.... believe me..if you wanna make TV advert "Dance" music......go get 'em !!!!....... I mean fer christ sakes.....even fucking washing powder ad's have a Jungle beat now !!!

Message 54/66             13-Mar-98  @  11:42 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kilo

thats right !!.... I'm in a bad "Independent" mood today.......

Message 55/66             13-Mar-98  @  03:01 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

Blunted

Warsh your clothes in Da' Jungle

Message 56/66             13-Mar-98  @  10:35 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

Johnny

I've just got myself an MC-505, it's a fucking good machine. Sounds are okay, but I won't be using any of them, I hate sounding like anyone else. I'll be using this baby as a live sequencer for my other machines.

Cheers

Message 57/66             13-Mar-98  @  11:57 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

Cheap Casio Keyboards VS. Roland Playboxes?!?

Er Mister Johnny, why not buy a REAL hardware sequencer without a lot of crap overused samples and sounds then?!? HAHAHA and that D-Beam thingy makes me f#ck*n' laugh!!! I guess the next toybox, er, i mean groovebox will feature some nice joypads (remote controlled of course), a lightgun and of course a nice free FORCEFEEDBACK device (which you can plug in the back) so you will not only HEAR the music but FEEL it too!!!

Message 58/66             15-Mar-98  @  09:22 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

acid cat

Keello,
I doubt that the rock industry `failed' because everyone had the same gear (?!). More likely the people using the gear were not particularly creative and lacked the imagination to use their stuff in an innovative manner. Surely one's kit comes a distant second in terms of producing innovative music, to one's capacity for creativity. Sorry Kilo, but it seems so ridiculous to say that by purchasing a Roland MC505, all dance music will sound the same, by the nature of such equipment the potential for making new sounds in a huge variety of ways is enormous. Such devices are creative tools, but you require some creativity first eh?

Message 59/66             16-Mar-98  @  07:26 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kid303

Trouble with the mc505 is that it's the kind of machine that doesn't inspire you to be creative,it's sepcifically built to allow dj's to make quick grooves on the fly inbetween records. Lets face it,the mc505 and 303 are gonna be bought by people wanting to make grooves with the least amount of effort and thought needed.

Message 60/66             16-Mar-98  @  11:04 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

acid cat

Its true, I am a bit thought defficient, thanks for pointing that out..........whats your name? (its a bit too much of an effort to look at the previous thread to see who posted it, see?)

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 66 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)