aaa Real 303 / sequencer clone - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Real 303 / sequencer clone

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 01-Feb-00  @  06:26 PM   -   Real 303 / sequencer clone

trevor

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Hi folks. I am a builder of several TB303 clones, and I've designed several commercial midi/cv units and sequencer designs.

My next project is a new 303 clone. Unlike existing clones, it will use the original 303 circuitry. So being more than just a clone, it will be a REAL 303. In addition, I will be cloning the sequencer itself to the exact specs of the original. The case will be just larger than the original 303 box, with a very similar control layout.

This unit will eventually be available for sale. I will build a few and sell them if anyone is interested.

My question is, if I were to make the *perfect* 303 clone, what extras should it have?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 61/63             08-Mar-00  @  07:59 PM   -   RE: Real 303 / sequencer clone

skot_e

Link?:  No link

Correct me if I am wrong, coz I read the manual a few years back now, but you can enter 12 steps for triplets, 16 steps, and I am sure I remember reading that you can enter 20 for a 5/4 sequence. I'll have to check that out...

Appologies if I am wrong.

Message 62/63             09-Mar-00  @  02:07 PM   -   RE: Real 303 / sequencer clone

jcraig

Link?:  No link

a 5/4 sequence would have to take up two patterns chained together (4/4+1/4)

Message 63/63             18-Mar-00  @  04:21 PM   -   RE: Real 303 / sequencer clone

tba03

Link?: Link

Very good idea...I want one may be 2...mail me whe build
I also have some ideas, like real analog distortion
the keys pads MUST play sound so you can play it live or via midi
IT HAVE to run on batteries and have a phone out
If you can put 2 osc, go for it and add a fine tune on osc2 to phatten up the sound
that'a all for now

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 63 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)