aaa MC-505 on sale - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: MC-505 on sale

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 29-Jan-98  @  12:53 PM   -   MC-505 on sale

csg6031

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hi, I was in my local proaudio/music shop this
morning,

And they had a roland MC-505 running some demos.
is it already available in UK Shops?.

It had some pretty convincing Drum & Bass demos in it.
But somehow I got this audio equivalent of 'painting by numbers' feeling.

Anyway for the interested, they asked fl 2400,-
for it as an introductionairy price. later it will
be fl 2900,-.
Divide these numbers by 3.5 to obtain the price in
UK pounds.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 61/66             17-Mar-98  @  09:52 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

Kilo

sorry acid..but your talking bollox....... Acid, Techno, Jungle and whatever else wouldnt exist if people had stuck to the established equiptment of the time and stuck to using it in the way in which it was designed to be used........ and YES....... It does follow that the kind of mentality that buys into ready made or "The same" technology is also going to buy into "The same" compositional style and techniques........ think about it....... c'mon acid..... it's Puffa's, Nike Air-Max, DJ bags, and crappy imported designer-lager at triple prices all round......and the whole style and look and fashion AND the sounds and gear that goes with it is gearing itself to produce generic "Off-The-Peg" dance music........ I'm sorry.......but I DO think that these things effect the style and creativity of the would-be artists...... check it out....... certain bands artists/styles get big.....people follow their style AND their equiptment set-up too, cos they go hand in hand.....

Message 62/66             17-Mar-98  @  11:29 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

acid cat

My point, obviously lost on you kilo, is that ones preferred music production tool (s), however other people use it, does not restrict the user to using it in the `established way'. Anyway, a lotta dance muso's pride themselves as creative people (and they fucking are too!), and they're not gonna be looking to release songs that sound like everyone else's stuff. Of course, there's the mercenary types who are after a profit, well good on them, I make video clips for some very successful artists here in Brisbane who made their bucks doing `established' trendy type stuff, and with the very same gear, they also make more `pushing-the-envelope' type music. Your so condescending Kilo, not every dance music maker is a nike-wearing sheep (theres obviously plenty whose not).

Message 63/66             19-Mar-98  @  08:04 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

well, i've just picked up a 505 and though i wasn't really planning on keeping, i have to
say that i'm very impressed. the sequencer is nice - so much better than trying to get all
my shit to work right on the computer.

the mc303 wasn't that good but i wouldn't underestimate the 505. it's looking good.

btw, it has a fully programmable synth inside. i've already programmed some nice sounds.

Message 64/66             19-Mar-98  @  08:30 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kid303

A fully programmable synth?? C'mon it's sample based and doesn't use any kind of virtual analogue modelling so how can it be 'fully programmable'? You can modify the samples a bit and layer the tones differently but it's not in the same league as the prophecy or an1x when it comes to creating your own sounds.

Message 65/66             20-Mar-98  @  12:12 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

Spot

Link?:  Link

Kid303, your a miserable sod arn`t you, are you anti roland or something, nah cant be with a name like that..nothing positive to say about anything have you

Message 66/66             20-Mar-98  @  07:07 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kid303

Christ,you shud see me in a BAD mood!! I just think that Roland are releasing crap gear recently.

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 66 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)