aaa If you're feelin it... - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: If you're feelin it...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 13

Original Message                 Date: 20-Mar-02  @  12:36 PM   -   If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

...swing on by and check some stuff out. Should be a few new trax up in the coming days, as soon as my buddy gets them coded. Most of it's pretty tame. I'm savin the raw stuff for the live gigs.

Ape

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 61/126             01-Apr-02  @  07:13 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

Yep. I remember it well, except for the part about the place being called @the trap door. That was a great night. You showed me your rig I remember Pongoid. I was there at 9 and you went on at about 2:30 am, but I hung with several groups of nice people. I hope there are many more.

Yea Fluxie :P, you guys would be the bomb. If it happens just remember, I said it first!

Dissonance, were you there? I certainly didn't meet you that night. Ape would've introduced us I think.

Message 62/126             01-Apr-02  @  07:26 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

dissonance

Link?: Link

nah, I wasn't present. I didn't meet you until the May Day gathering last year at Tompkin's Square. I wish I could've been there though...I'm always more than down to see the Ape put people on the dance floor. I think the party was held at this venue called "Trap Door"...but than again, I wasn't there so I'm not sure.

I agree it would be a pleasure to see Ape get down with Influx. I've seen him play with this cat Obis Cygma from the Boston area once...that was the shit as well. He rocked the bass while Obis hooked up the beats with his V-Drums...damn that was hot!

dissonance

Message 63/126             02-Apr-02  @  03:44 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

I have to connect with Black Kat (sp?) productions again. A really descent group of people. I am seriously thinking about selling a piece of gear, maybe my sampler and putting the money to a Q or micro Q. I also need to get my drum kits to a level of sounding good and danceable. I've almost gotten there a couple of times...in a very basic way. Coming up on 3 years of learning what I can, I realize I am probably not a sampler kinda guy pending some unexpected burst of interest. Anyway I'm saying this cuz I listen to you Ape, to Influx, and a bunch of peeps posting here and I'm like, damn. I get the feeling that the sound of breakbeat kits are not so much about mangling in a sampler as they are about getting the right sounds ie waveform decay modulation velocity etc in the right places beatwise and getting the mix right on the money. I'm rambling. Guess I should take this over to the drum forum. But the Q yes.

BTW, Remember the guy Nobody and I were hanging with at Mayday last summer, goes by the name of Egrus here? We all had a beer in that bar together. He's going live in May in nyc. Happy for him. Been doing nice tracks for a long time now. I'll be at that one. I'll post it for nyc area people when I get the details. I'll ask him first of course.

Message 64/126             02-Apr-02  @  07:26 PM     Edit: 02-Apr-02  |  10:47 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

dissonance

sitar, email me. I may be iterested in purchasing your sampler given the details....

dissonance@1537paperstreet.com

peace
dissonance

Message 65/126             02-Apr-02  @  09:01 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

I'll email you tonight. Jeez. You just have to think out loud and someone's on it  

Message 66/126             03-Apr-02  @  02:38 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

I just emailed you. In case you don't get it for some reason, let me know.

Message 67/126             03-Apr-02  @  06:19 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

influx

sitar...probably dont need a sampler..altho..what about the "L" word..for playback?

you could get one cheaper. dont you have an E4xt ultra?

and pongoid..my man..I am not up to par yet. plain and simple

Message 68/126             03-Apr-02  @  12:11 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Fluxie,
I don't believe that shit for one second. You may not have your confidence up to par, but your skills show in your trax. Don't hand me that self-doubting nonsense and expect me to take it. I know better. You can do it, just grab your balls and jump. You'll land on your feet, I promise you. With all the time you spend with Q, I'm sure you've learned a thing or two, and could easily put it to use. And it's not like you have a shortage of finding good gear to use as well, so.....wassup?

Ape

Message 69/126             03-Apr-02  @  01:50 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

Totally agree. Influx, I don't listen to your breakbeat tracks for nothing. Your tracks are wicked.

I don't know if I can part with the sampler. I got to looking at it last night again. One could do a live tour with that thing alone. Umm, what is the "L" word?

Message 70/126             03-Apr-02  @  06:19 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

knowa

yeah influx, what are you waiting for? hell, I'm so corny with my science job, cubase tips that everybody and they're mother knows...and even *I'm* gonna try some live stuff.

maybe this will encourage (rather than inspire) you:

I heard the Stanton Warriors last weekend and people were LOVING the same damn kick/snare pattern with occassional bass lines (not very good) and filtered vocal smaples saying something about cocaine. I'm positive that your tracks are better than anything I heard there. man, with your gnarly virus basses, you'd slay 'em. maybe I caught them on an off night, but whatever...

do it!

"when I say 'fluxie' you say 'baby'" ;)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 13

There are 126 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)