aaa so who plays proper instruments? - Live / PA / gigging forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Live / PA / gigging

Subject: so who plays proper instruments?

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Original Message                 Date: 31-Mar-02  @  02:32 PM   -   so who plays proper instruments?

bedwyr

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

hehe! "proper"

anyway, i've played sax in various bands for the last ten years, how about you lot then?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 61/87             23-Apr-02  @  11:33 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

brad

Link?: Link

Wow I started a jaw harp thread. XO- never heard of a scacciapensieri! I use a Fred Whitlow model, tuned to G. Fred Whitlow's never rust ya know...cost $25. Got a couple bamboo ones from...some South American country I think. I ferget, heh.

Influx- yeah I should make some loops huh? it'll give me an excuse to test out live-monitoring on my new system. Gimme a week or so- we got a gig Friday nite so that's my main focus right now- but after that I'll record some loops and post 'em somwhere for you guys to d-load.

Message 62/87             24-Apr-02  @  01:43 AM     Edit: 24-Apr-02  |  01:44 AM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

xoxos

File?:  [image]

[image file]

it's loud too.

the other side has wavy lines on it.

Message 63/87             24-Apr-02  @  06:45 AM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

brad

Shit that looks tuff!

Wish I could show you these wooden ones I got right here. No dig. camera and too lazy to scan, oh well.

Y'know I read somewhere that in Italy young suitors used to serenade the ladies with jaw harps! I guess you make a bunch a boingy boner sounds and she's yours, ha ha!

Influx you should get a jaw harp just for that ;-)

Message 64/87             24-Apr-02  @  07:29 AM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

influx

BOINGY BONER SOUNDS!!!!!

Message 65/87             24-Apr-02  @  12:48 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

sitar

Looks like a vice. It clamps onto your lips? Does it have presets?

Message 66/87             24-Apr-02  @  08:21 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

xoxos

downside is it's only got two bands of eq per channel sitar.

brad that is so completely preposterous. really.. 'tis a good design.

Message 67/87             24-Apr-02  @  09:13 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

Mindspawn

Love Jaw harps! I've owned several, but I've been without one for the last three years. Me last one is one of the few bits I've ever had stolen (of all fugging things...). This thread reminds me I need to get a new one.... Very cool instruments...

Nox

Message 68/87             23-May-02  @  11:10 AM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

bedwyr

my mate plays one with a 'chicken egg' shaker in his 'plucking' hand. sounds cool.

hmm. maybe you all know this technique anyway.

Message 69/87             23-May-02  @  01:47 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

xoxos

do you give him a lot of crap for that? "hey get your pluckin' 'and off my mixer" et c..

Message 70/87             23-May-02  @  04:15 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

Deano

Link?:  No link

Marvelous thing the egg shaker. Tip for drummers... With just a bodrhan and a shakey egg you can do whole beats with one hand. Wedge the bodrhan under you chin, get your hat pattern going with the egg, thump the bodran skin with the egg on the kick beats and the hit shell on the snare beats. Instant breakbeats... and you can use the other hand to hold your beer/fag or whatever.

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

There are 87 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot