aaa Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Original Message                 Date: 01-Aug-98  @  10:08 PM   -   Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Yo Supernova Supporters!!

We are going to update the Factory sounds with version 3 OS to take advantage of new parameters. This presents an opportunity to update the factory sounds.

Please, Please advise your thoughts on the following:

Firstly what sounds in the Factory Sounds you think are useless!!

- we will delete these and add new ones...

What type of sounds do you want to see more of?

Please describe the sounds "You" want in detail. "More Pads" for example is not really enough, "Deep Atmosphere AKA Korg Wavestation" is better.

If you have any sounds you think kick a___ for the Supernova then please send to me @ p.macdonald@btinternet.com.

We are going to compile a new set of factory sounds for Version 3 OS of Supernova. Any comments welcome. All older versions of factory sounds will be available on our internet site.
http://www.nova-uk.com.

Cheers,
Phill@Novation

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 61/79             25-Mar-99  @  01:36 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

alex.ayres

more dark drum and bass syle noises. distorted perhaps with filter movement on the mod weel.

also punchy bass sounds.

maybe more percussive mid range sounds.

Message 62/79             25-Mar-99  @  02:22 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

kevin

First of all, Phil, I think
your sounds are excellent;
I've used many of them in my
music with only minor tweaks. I'll list just a few
of these, as this will make it more clear what I like:
A050 Jungle Sine, A100 Subbass, C052 Random Arp, many sounds from the SFX category, such as A053 Sonar, A072 Waterphones, A076 Dead Ringer, B102 Radar>Comms. More of any of
these would be welcome, in
particular the SFX group.
Thanks, Kevin.

Message 63/79             25-Mar-99  @  10:25 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Haz

I agree with Mickey - some more DM-type bass sounds would be nice.

Speaking of DM, I just learned on the web that Alan Wilder has recently purchased a Supernova! Now I really can't wait for the next Recoil album! (Check out www.recoil.co.uk).

Haz

Message 64/79             26-Mar-99  @  06:29 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

pyro

what about a cool "wasp"-bass-sound. I also would like to have one of this Juno 106-basses.
thanks

Message 65/79             26-Mar-99  @  10:38 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Banne

I'd like soft "fairy"-like
pad that sounds good when you take chords.
(Hard to explain sounds in words.)

Message 66/79             26-Mar-99  @  11:56 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Stevoe

I think its a pretty damn good service when Novation are creating the sounds that we want in our Supernovas. Factory presets are usually just your bog standard selection created by someone who wants to impress at the demo stage. I know I sound a bit arse lickey toward Novation but I honestly think they are being truely generous with their service to us. Without meaning to slag off E-mu but I will use them as an example. Whenever they bring out a software update it is always for a high price for any piece of equipment they make and that goes the same for many different manufacturers. Good work Novation and thanks.

Message 67/79             27-Mar-99  @  11:52 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

morb999

Link?:  Link

Hi Phil.

Id love some more pads....lush spacey evolving pads...you know the sort of thing.

JMJ's Oxygene springs to mind....

Thanks for listening

MORBIUS

http://members.aol.com/iotrecords/morbius

Message 68/79             29-Mar-99  @  09:55 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

chris

I'd like to hear Tony Banks' Prophecy sounds from the 1983 album "Genesis": like the low drone and awesome chords in "Mama", or the lead sound in "Illegal Alien".

Plus the lead and arpeggio sounds from Magnetic Fields. I guess these were done on an ARP.

Chris

Message 69/79             29-Mar-99  @  09:56 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

chris

Oops, I meant "Prophet". Damn those Korg impersonators...

Chris

Message 70/79             29-Mar-99  @  10:47 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

Keep it comin...

I love to hear all this and examples are great!

Phill@Novation

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

There are 79 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)