aaa Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Original Message                 Date: 01-Aug-98  @  10:08 PM   -   Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Yo Supernova Supporters!!

We are going to update the Factory sounds with version 3 OS to take advantage of new parameters. This presents an opportunity to update the factory sounds.

Please, Please advise your thoughts on the following:

Firstly what sounds in the Factory Sounds you think are useless!!

- we will delete these and add new ones...

What type of sounds do you want to see more of?

Please describe the sounds "You" want in detail. "More Pads" for example is not really enough, "Deep Atmosphere AKA Korg Wavestation" is better.

If you have any sounds you think kick a___ for the Supernova then please send to me @ p.macdonald@btinternet.com.

We are going to compile a new set of factory sounds for Version 3 OS of Supernova. Any comments welcome. All older versions of factory sounds will be available on our internet site.
http://www.nova-uk.com.

Cheers,
Phill@Novation

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 71/79             29-Mar-99  @  11:09 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Fin

Hey! It'd be really impressive if anybody could come up with the Dr.Who TARDIS sound!

I'm not really a geek - just think that'd be pretty cool programming.

Cheers - Fin

Message 72/79             29-Mar-99  @  12:09 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

MATT

Or maybe just the bass sound from the theme tune !! hee hee......No, I'm deadly serious, It's a wicked tune.

How is the beta testing going ??

Message 73/79             30-Mar-99  @  04:50 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

Dun,Dun,Dun,Dun
_ _Dun,Dun,Dun,Dun
_ _Dun,Dun,Dun,Dun
(higher)_ _Dun,Dun,Dun,Dun

I actually may have a copy at home somewhwere of that tune...lets see it could be a Perf...bassline as an Arp...could be very possible...

Phill@Novation

Message 74/79             30-Mar-99  @  08:59 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

jpdb

For me, the secret power of
the Supernova lies in
the Pads and layers + non-exsisting instruments, as well as the arpeggiate-patches, so maybe for the os3, some more of those, and some less "real" instruments, these I can dump in a Sampler.
(an idea ?.. I always loved
the crispy sounds from Paul
Hardcastle, Chick Corea, etc, produced with the Syclavier, a source of inspiration ? But as it is,
so many people, so many musical tastes.. )
I'm looking foreward to the OS3 !
PS: are there any restrictions upgrading from os2 to os3 ? do I have to save my personal settings, will they be gone after upgrading ? If yes what is the best way to save them, and are they restorable/compatible ?

Thanx, Paul

jpdb@wbe.ch

Message 75/79             31-Mar-99  @  01:22 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Alright Phil,

Having a bit of a freak out random problem with the supernova, when the programed attack on envelope one started to not follow the program. Basically my mate who also has a supernova has had a similar problem and it seems to be when both midi in and out are running simultaneously. Do you think this could be solved with the new O/S and if so where can we get hold of it.

Cheers,

James (ACUMEN)
Email:W.F.X@VITALISER.FREESERVE.CO.UK

Message 76/79             31-Mar-99  @  05:16 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

Full instructions and precautions will be posted on the site at the same time as the OS beta.

Please read the text.

The problem you may have is sthat the sequencer is remapping the Controllers...so tweaking one know will possibly effect another unrelated parameter depending on the remapping. Make sure all the remapping is turned off in the sequencer. Hassle the manufacturer for details on how to do this. Additionally the new OS has a local/on off parametr which allows the user to use the sepernova with a sequencer more easily.

I will advise when I have posted the beta version of this software.

Phill@Novation

Message 77/79             01-Apr-99  @  08:54 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

fin

I know I'm gonna get shot down for this stupid request, but it'd crack me up if you implemented it:

could we have a midi controller number that turns on/off the SN led's? so you could cycle the controller value from the sequencer and the led's would cycle on the front panel. ;)

Didn't the Memory Moog have this on it?

Ha! I know - I know!!!

Fin.

Message 78/79             01-Apr-99  @  10:34 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

stevoe

The lights mummy, THE LIGHTS they're trying to get me....aarrrggghhhh.

Message 79/79             04-Apr-99  @  07:21 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

erik.flister

warm + gentle house organs

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

There are 79 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)