aaa If you're feelin it... - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: If you're feelin it...

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Original Message                 Date: 20-Mar-02  @  12:36 PM   -   If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

...swing on by and check some stuff out. Should be a few new trax up in the coming days, as soon as my buddy gets them coded. Most of it's pretty tame. I'm savin the raw stuff for the live gigs.

Ape

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 71/126             03-Apr-02  @  10:44 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

influx

Link?: Link

can we PLEASE drop the FLUXIE shit??!?!?!?! 

its not about my tracks. thats STUDIO stuff. there is SUCH a huge difference. I am not a true musician. I dont read music, cant actually JAM on anything..and personally I think twice about going out and "live" when in my heart I dont believe it should be done unless done VERY well...

but then...theres no way to start until you start, right?

but..its not self-doubt or anything like that. I am happy with my sound...but doing it in an environment other than cubase in my room is a whole different ballgame

thanks for the encouragement tho, folks. means a lot that some people still like me here even though Im the biggest jerk on the face of the planet

no what bich?!?!?!

Message 72/126             03-Apr-02  @  10:53 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

I thought Logic was the one with enviroments :P

Message 73/126             04-Apr-02  @  11:59 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Influx,
it is a different environment. You're not there as a generator, but a catalyst. It really feels like the purest aspect of this artform, as it requires an awareness, and a sensitivity, as well as a drive and direction, all at the same time. it's tough, but it's not impossible, and nothing else feels like it. The feeling one gets as others move and respond and communicate with each other through this movement, guided and motivated by what amounts to a meditation is beyond words. Don't be afraid of it. If you're not comfortable doing it on a grand scale, start out with things more intimate with people you feel comfortable exposing this part of your being to at first. There's plenty of stuff that I don't play for folks other than close friends for the same reason. You mustn't try to tackle a crowd on the same scale as Q. You're not there yet, so don't try to be there. Start out at a couple of house parties, and when you have the feel for it on a smaller scale, work it into a club or two. The big stuff comes later. You know the deal, but you need to hear it elsewhere sometimes, and believe it.

Ape

Message 74/126             05-Apr-02  @  11:16 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

just recorded two more, one I wrote for a very pretty and talented Austrian girl named Angina P, and a pretty crunchy hard D'n'B thing. I'll have them up in the next few days.

Ape

Message 75/126             05-Apr-02  @  01:37 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

BTW you should check out Angina P's stuff on mp3.com as well.

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/70/angina_p.html

Good tunes, nicely moody.

Ape

Message 76/126             05-Apr-02  @  02:08 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

I'll d/l it when it's up. Austrian girls are sooooooooo hot.

Message 77/126             05-Apr-02  @  05:56 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

complaisance_resistance_corps

Yo Ape, shoot me an email or an IM so that I may code as fast as possible and get them up for people to hear.

ps did you get to hear Marcella's stuff yet?

dissonance

Message 78/126             05-Apr-02  @  07:18 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

knowa

oh sh;t! pongoid this stuff is nasty!

mad tension, suprises...gives me that blues-guitarist "what's that smell?" face.

big big big ups. come through NY again man! hearing your music finally makes me understand why you're so pro-live playing...this has a real raw rather than composed quality.

my quicktime would only (sorta) work when streaming tracks before but I fixed it so that it plays off the HD--glad I did.

this is on PC...Anyone have luck dl'ing these on a Mac? they come up as IE pages in my iMac at home...weird.

anyway, dope! props.

Message 79/126             05-Apr-02  @  10:54 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

It's something I've been working on for a while. I have other things less live, more clinical, and precise, but they are not really what I like to put forward. I'm glad you like it.

Ape

Message 80/126             06-Apr-02  @  01:44 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

marianimal

Link?:  No link

Damn, that Angina P IS hot. Great name too. Still can't listen but now that the DSL works (woo hoo; oops, wrong forum) I'm sure the sound card soon will too.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

There are 126 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)