aaa 60 Minutes does it again... - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: 60 Minutes does it again...

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Original Message                 Date: 30-Sep-02  @  04:08 PM   -   60 Minutes does it again...

GT

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Well, be it known to the doubters that Iran, Iraq, and Lebanon are in fact funding Arafat's desire for genocide.

The American magazine show "60 Minutes" aired a 25 minute piece detailing the captured of the Ramallah compound's secret documents by Israeli Intelligence.

Iraq supplies oil to Arafat. He later then sells it to would-be buyers taking a cut off the top and returning the funds back to Iraq.

Iran supplies the military training and hardware, directing and dictating were the murderous bombings should be carried out.

hehe, Gore debated Bush and said Iran and Iraq have nothing to do with this...haha, what an lemming. He'd do better in Russia.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 71/124             02-Oct-02  @  03:04 PM   -   RE: 60 Minutes does it again...

jamesholden67

Link?:  No link

"intelligent conversation"

"60 minutes does it again"

"God's people"

Message 72/124             02-Oct-02  @  04:00 PM   -   RE: 60 Minutes does it again...

cheddar

This whole thread (as with most others) is funny. I don't like stands, especially popular ones, but GT - K is right, you are what you eat and you swallow shallow.

Anyway, keep going cos it would be boring with processions of yes's and mindless correctness - yeah?

Quick comment on war though - we are all a bunch of pampered bored arn't we. I have no idea what it would be like to be under the conditions our favourite oppressors and oppressed endure, I just stand here thinking against and spouting occasionally. There is no defence for any action but I have no experience of balancing the various scales of human need either

Mind you though - I thought I was very good for not diving into the faith thread - if ever there was a bag of sugar coated almonds asking for it then... ah!

Message 73/124             02-Oct-02  @  04:27 PM   -   RE: 60 Minutes does it again...

GT

promise, cos these arguments ad hominem are tired

enjoy...i'm sure zazza will cowardly find someone else to call a moron...gotta love the new guy calling someone else a troll too...ah hell, this site is tired as well.

Message 74/124             02-Oct-02  @  05:16 PM   -   RE: 60 Minutes does it again...

k

so that's 'intelligent' is it?... you're criticised for not putting your point in proper terms, asked to discuss it or talk some sense rather than flinging quotes from media shows, and then your answer is that above?

is that the second strop you're going to throw?.. I mean besides announcing you're leaving?

look it's simple .. i dont think it's about the two opposing stances even that much, it's mostly about your ability to deal with it & your pissy attitude of superiority..

"I'm right and if you dont agree I'M LEAVING... Look , I've even started a thread to tell you i'm leaving dammit!!... and... I'm back... but ONLY to tell you again how much you all suck for not agreeing with me!!!... and now i'm leaving again... and... and... the site is crap too...!!".

I think you have a fixed attitude, but can't offer anything which feels balanced emotionaly to support it.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 75/124             02-Oct-02  @  05:32 PM   -   RE: 60 Minutes does it again...

k

anyways, all i know is all the talk of war and doom and gloom and depression is getting to people obviously. there's alot of negative energy about.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 76/124             02-Oct-02  @  05:38 PM   -   RE: 60 Minutes does it again...

errata

Yet another sure sign that we are on the wrong track...

My god, it was only 2 years ago that EVERYTHING seemed to be getting better! F*ckin' republicans and their doomsday talk. Remember, during the election smart people said that Bush was generating a self fullfilling prophesey? Bantering about wars, and terrorists and a declining economy. At a time when there was more peace, reason and prosperity than in 50 years?

Now look at this mess.

e

Message 77/124             02-Oct-02  @  05:51 PM   -   RE: 60 Minutes does it again...

Zazza

GT: I am the new guy?

If only you knew 

Leans back in rocking chair: 'why I tell you son, I was logging onto dancetech before you were outta diapers', koff, koff...

and GT, I wasn't calling you a moron... but you obviously thought you were the obvious candidate...

k: Right on dude.. tell it like it is... them desky darn oil-hugging elitist fascists got it comin' to 'em..

Take Sadaam, Bush (Jr. and Sr.), Blair and the rest of 'em and lock in em in a box till they eat each other that's what I say... playin' with people's lives, lying to us and living off the fat of the land while they impose corrupt, brutal dictators on the rest of the world...

fuck 'em

Who gave power to Saddam, the US, why? To fight Iran, Why? Because they threw off another US/UK backed dictator. Who? The Shah. Why the Shah? Oil.
Same old shit.

Message 78/124             02-Oct-02  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: 60 Minutes does it again...

Ghost

Link?: Link

...for me one of the saddest parts of the past year has been my stunning realization that US foreign policy isn't changing for the better, and we're squandering the goodwill of the world....

there's been no reckoning of past mistakes, no reexamination of our relationships with piece-of-shit despots and tyrannical regimes, and no attempt to really look at why we are so hated... and there certainly hasn't been any attempt to do anything about it.... just war and killing, and the threat of more war....

vitriol aside, the people on this board have a much better grasp of the politics and the complexities of the situation than most people I know here in the USA... cheers to you all....

Message 79/124             02-Oct-02  @  08:02 PM     Edit: 02-Oct-02  |  08:15 PM   -   RE: 60 Minutes does it again...

Zazza

Well, Bill Clinton gave a good speech here in the UK, amongst other things he pointed out that then weapons inspectors destroy far more weapons than war ever did..

At least he can get to the end of sentences without forgetting what he said at the beginning.

Message 80/124             02-Oct-02  @  08:39 PM   -   RE: 60 Minutes does it again...

influx

GT you amaze me with your smug arrogance. You really seem to think that you have it all figured out and the rest of us are just ignorant "liberals" (a word which you and a certain someone else love to throw around)

read any ayn rand lately? I'd bet you love her stuff.

It really is funny to watch you come in here and talk shit about how this place sucks, pull your tantrum shit, then come back, do it again, and then COME BACK AGAIN?!?!?!

either stay or go but dont announce it, and PLEASE find better sources to back your fascist leanings, ok?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

There are 124 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)