aaa the force is strong with this one - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: the force is strong with this one

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17

Original Message                 Date: 06-May-03  @  12:28 AM   -   the force is strong with this one

steve

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

fat kid + star wars = greater than a sum of its parts.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 71/163             10-May-03  @  06:59 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

pict

Link?:  No link

The ancient greeks believed that you should practice moderation in all things it seems to be a very sensible idea.

Ape just a thought what do you think of Sumo wrestling ?

Message 72/163             10-May-03  @  10:32 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Influx

Link?: Link

heh. those fuckers are NASTY lookin!

moderation. yup

Message 73/163             10-May-03  @  01:06 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

cheddar

Link?:  Link

this thread is full of shit, just overpoweringly FOS, you guys write with one eye and read with the other meanwhile that jands get up to pretty much whatever.

Anyone who can contribute to this forum knows nothing of moderation, self control or any of the "only for the strong" cures proposed here and in other threads. When are we - intelligent few - going to face up to us being the problem.

And don't think intelligence is clever, i have read and agree that it is not a survival trait

Message 74/163             10-May-03  @  04:20 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

xoxos

demise trait?   it'd go along with use of this 'support system.' it's like masturbating "i CAN make a difference, i CAN make a difference.."

Message 75/163             10-May-03  @  08:28 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Pongoid

Fat is NOT a disease. Fat people are not victims. They can choose to not be fat. No matter how difficult anybody tries to make it out, it's a choice. Plain and simple. If you choose to be fat, I choose to look down upon you for it. Anorexia/bulemia is also a choice. Neither one are easy to overcome. I know this well. Malnutrition, and starvation are RARELY a choice. I have dealt with those personally, so don't try to hand me even one little bit of shit for trashing people who eat too much when others starve. A person with food has the choice to be gluttonous or not. A person without it has no choice.

Influx, I've NEVER been flabby. Not ever.

Now as for Sumo wrestling, I think it's pretty barbaric in its origins, but the guys that do it have turned it into a ritual and an artform. They are immense dudes, but only part of that mass is fat. A lot of those guys, the really good ones especially, are fucking stong. They can move that mass with speed and power. A lot of them can lift each other as well. Weighing 350lbs, and being able to lift another guy of the same weight in addition to your own...that is worthy of some respect for the feat. However, the tradition started with slaves who were kept in cages and fed to be large, then made to fight each other in the clay ring just like beetles, and the salt that they threw down was supposed to signify anger, and egg the contestants on. This was done for the pleasure of the courts. So do I found it to be originally a noble thing? No, not really. Has it grown to be something worthy of respect? Yeah, I guess it has, cuz those guys do it and do it seriously, and train hard to be that way, and I know that it's not something I could even begin to try without getting my ass kicked royally. Do I find it aesthetically pleasing? Fuck no.

Errata, I'm not particularly big physically. If you judge others for judging others, doesn't that make you just as small by that token? I don't think judgement is a diminuative thing. I think lack of honesty with oneself and others in the attempt to be compassionate is far more demeaning for all involved. That of course does not equate to having to say everything you feel all the time, but neither does it mean lie or beat around the bush, or try to politcally correct a situation by making one at fault out to be a victim, even if of themselves. One chooses to be a victim, especially in this case. I don't get on people for conditions they are born with like birth defects, gender, skin color, sexual orientation, endowment, because those are not choices. Those are conditions that we are all given, and we have to deal with. Fat is a choice. I have no guilt or remorse whatsoever at all for judging people by their choices, and I think to not judge them for that does both you and the other person a disservice, since it is the choices we make that define us as individuals far above and beyond the conditions that are imposed upon us by our very births.

Ape

Message 76/163             10-May-03  @  09:10 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Trillium

well then Ape....

I'm glad you choose to be an asshole.

Message 77/163             10-May-03  @  09:23 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

errata

Yeah, I suppose it does make me just as small... I admit my faults, and getting pissed at people who treat other people badly is definately one of mine.

I'm by no means being politicaly correct. It's not your opinion (or anyones) that I'm on about, it;s the desire to share it in a hurtful way. I take umbrage with anyone who acts out to hurt other people...

Cheddar's right, again... as usual... But I do not see people as the problem, there's these blinder most people wear (I think) that makes us think we are the sum of our actions, or even behaviors! I think we're bigger than that! (Except when we judge one another, eh?)

e

Message 78/163             10-May-03  @  10:08 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

xoxos

overconsumption is a choice, and pongoid is right - we make our own choices, and deserve to be judged by them. the validity of that statement may be more in the nature of an affirmation than an assertion. ne?

however, we all know that many people are born into conditions where the individuals supporting them require that they make their choices for them.. as a child, you will respect our choices of reward for you when you are good! you will like our ice cream! and when we use it to reward you for behaviour we find pleasing, you better take it!

by the time you're eight and have enough knowledge to make your way through the wilderness, you could be so plump that nuts and berries might not seem plausible.. you may have been conditioned with some medical 'need..'

the sad thing is, sometimes, the net is woven so tightly..

"the tiger's got you now!"

for us, we should be glad we have had our opportunities.

Message 79/163             11-May-03  @  12:21 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

man called clay

and might i suggest that it's okay to occasionally admit that none of us know all things?
a little tolerance of other opinions is a good thing.....even amidst our need to maintain our own critical faculties and perceptual sense of judgment.

Message 80/163             11-May-03  @  02:31 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

xoxos

there's a difference between not knowing all things and being incorrect  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17

There are 163 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)