aaa why i am happy about the elections - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: why i am happy about the elections

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Original Message                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  01:21 PM   -   why i am happy about the elections

formant

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

this probably fits into the category K doesn't want posted here.

so fair warning... if you are offended by the topic of abortion quit reading. and take this point: i am not telling you what to believe, i am telling you what i believe so take it for what it is, an opinion.

ok i think that the republicans gaining control of the senate is the absolute most important thing to ever happen in the past 30 years.

this means that bush gets to appoint judges without having them blocked left and right. so just as clinton did before him, bush can put people into positions of power who are anti-abortion.

i think that abortion is the biggest travesty against human life in america since slavery.

just as the white slave owners of the blacks said that they were not human and thereby justified thier actions in pursuit of wealth i see the same thing happening today.

then it was 'these slaves are not humans therefore to gain wealth and happiness we will abuse them and do as we please with them... since they are not humans they have no rights'

today i see people saying the same thing:

'it doesn't matter that i have created a baby because it isn't a human being. i need to go to college/work/whatever so that i can be happy and prosperous. i will therefore do what i like with this nonhuman so that i can persue wealth and an easy life unhindered'

what exactly is the difference between the slave owners and the current people who choose to take human life in order to serve themselves?

i believe that *should* roe v wade get overturned in this country it will be a great stride forward for all humanity.

extremely inflammatory comment here: if bush gets abortion outlawed or at a minimum pushed back to a states right to choose america will be standing in defense of the helpless and needy.

i am aware many do not agree with me but that is fine. many people were against lincoln when he tried to abolish slavery, afterall they weren't humans.

you guys can slam me if you want (used to it) but this has to be the most important civil rights issue since the MLK days and it affects people of all colors and nationalities indiscriminately.

i hope that justice comes for the innocent lives that are lost every day in the name of greed and selfishness.

jamey

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 81/122             08-Nov-02  @  01:39 AM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

influx

Link?: Link

"Second: People will still get abortions. But what happens is Bush takes another step at widening the ever growing class gap. Rich people will get abortions in other countries. Poor people wont because they cant afford plane tickets or meds, and have more illegitamate children that they cant feed, which perpetuates their downward spiral of poverty. "

but hold on a sec?!?!?!

honestly....why not just NOT HAVE KIDS? Get fixed for chrissakes!

Im gonna, I think, actually. If I ever do settle down I will adopt.

Message 82/122             08-Nov-02  @  02:18 AM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

Breakerbox

I just got back from outside, had to run some errands, and since my girlfriend didnt get her period for a while she wanted to get a pregnancy test, anyways.. I came home and started reading this thread (its so fucking long) and checking out the prices for the micro q... So she (my GF) came down stairs and I was telling her I might get a micro q with the 3x payment deal from AMS website... And she was like.. "well we have to talk about something else before that" And I was like "What?" ... And she was staring at me... and said " I am pregnant"...and everything came to a halt... I already start thinking about abortion adaption, etc... THen I was like "are you sure?.. let me check the piss on thingie tha tells you if you are preganat or not" and she was like " allright" and I was like " FUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKK " .. she wasnt lying.... i thought.... But then she started laughing....so she was kidding.. bad joke.. such a fuckin relief.. I still dont know what i would do if she was really pregnant.

Message 83/122             08-Nov-02  @  02:32 AM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

psylichon

just stick with oral and anal, man. no worries!

psylichon

Message 84/122             08-Nov-02  @  02:37 AM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

steef

Link?:  No link

one up the bum, no harm done.

Message 85/122             08-Nov-02  @  02:49 AM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

pict

Link?:  No link

What is so dreadful about having a child?

Message 86/122             08-Nov-02  @  03:21 AM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

influx

who said something was dreadful about it? Just way too many people who arent ready, arent capable (and never will be), and just damn SHOULDNT be having them!

tis true that there are too many people on the planet...would be nice to take a break for a generation or two.

Message 87/122             08-Nov-02  @  03:27 AM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

psylichon

it's strange that nature seems to always find a balance in animal populations, but humans charge ahead unmitigated. Somewhere, when it comes to sex, we're going against natural tendencies. Of course, we do that in a lot of other areas, too. And we wonder why natural disasters keep getting worse and climate swings are getting more violent. The world was wonderfully balanced before we came along. what went wrong??

psylichon

Message 88/122             08-Nov-02  @  04:52 AM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

Mindspawn

Ah, human arrogance.... Honestly, we've only been here for a microcosm of time in the grand scheme of the earth's history. To think we're outside of nature in any way is simply placing us on a very undeserved pedestal.

Trust me (or not), human population has suffered set backs of a serious order due to overpopulation, and it's happened more than once in our less than grandiose history. It's been mostly regional occurances, but it has happened and continues to do so. Check Ethiopia for instance....

In all truth, humans are pretty unremarkable on this planet. The weird shit...? That's the bugs and sea critters. But even there, tis only because I'm so far removed from their worlds that I find them strange and unique.

And I find nothing wrong with children, nothing at all. I've simply chosen to live my life without having any. Doesn't mean anything other than a personal choice and accepting responsibility, or lack thereof, for said choice.

Peace

Message 89/122             08-Nov-02  @  07:33 AM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

psylichon

Mindspawn- do you think you made that choice as a direct result of nature's attempts at balance? if so it makes you wonder how many of our decisions are extra-conscious.

psylichon

Message 90/122             08-Nov-02  @  09:04 AM     Edit: 08-Nov-02  |  09:05 AM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

Mindspawn

Well, I remember my first grade teacher telling us about overpopulation. Somewhere along the line voluntary sterilizatin came into it. I didn't see what would be wrong with having a whole generation sterilized... Since I couldn't speak for all my agegroup, I made a choice for myself. Some years later it actually happened.

So, maybe? I dunno, but it seems reasonable that a complex system like humanity would have an equally complex set of checks and balances, so maybe it is extra-conscious. It'd be absurd to assume we know all the intricasies of life as a human, especially as that relates to the intricasies betwixt human and the world that one lives in... It is a very fascinating world, too. One which we've only begun to grasp, let alone understand...

Yet, if you shutoff the brain (or mayhap our ingrained culture) for just a bit and just be, it's amazing how connected and easily understood that things can be. Still doesn't mean we'll all share the same understanding, but we can appreciate that different understandings are part of the equation, too. And it still leaves you plenty of room to clobber a dumb SOB (and in turn be clobbered) when it needs doin.' =)

Peace

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

There are 122 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)