aaa Influx's hot new trance tracks! - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Original Message                 Date: 08-May-01  @  08:33 PM   -   Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Finally got some help ULing. thanks roller8 (and Horizens!!!)

its all there. some old some new. 2 remixes one for rhea one for roller8

figured I should put up or shut up

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 91/125             19-Jun-01  @  09:23 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

Sounded okay from where I was standin'.. but what the folks next door thought? I couldn't tell ya!! ;)

Marc_D

Message 92/125             19-Jun-01  @  11:34 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

shit man. rennie pilgrem at uberzone's studio today...played some tracks. he liked subterranean just enough to say "thats phat" but that was it. pretty much ignored the rest

it just aint there yet. Im glad people like it but Im not satisfied. I guess thats where the drive comes in?

so saw rennie spin tonight, and fuck me if the majority of tracks arent just a beat and a bassline with some filler sounds, maybe a vocal or two

why cant I go that simple? why do I always want to FILL space? was I weaned to early or something funny like that?

Message 93/125             19-Jun-01  @  03:36 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

dARKSTATe

Yer always gonna listen to other music (the signed published kind) and think about how they got there, what it was that you enjoy about their stuff.. the way I see it, the problem ain't about what's missing from your tracks influx.. but what's missing from your perception of what you want to achieve with your music; sonically, professionally, personally, publically...

People here have rated your stuff, and rated it highly with good reason.. too much space, unlike Rennie P? So what.. that's what makes an INFLUX track.. you ain't satisfied? That's good, work harder, strive for more, but also acknowledge your achievements and grow from 'em..

This is probably all old hat, but I felt I wanted to say it coz I often ask myself those self same questions and the answers only seem to come when your music is out there and its being enjoyed whether some "named" artist comments or not...

I guarentee that when your tunes are out there, alone in the world for public consumption, there'll be some other talented but unknown bloke with some great kit and the will to use it, listening to Influx stuff and saying the self-same things that you've been...

(Fuck me that's almost poetic!)

Now get out there and grace us with more dope shit!!  

Marc_D

Message 94/125             19-Jun-01  @  04:29 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

rhea_z19

Amen Mark!

Message 95/125             19-Jun-01  @  07:24 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

I see where youre coming from, marc, but the thing is..I want to write DANCE MUSIC...and the stuff that i hear gets me going so much more than the stuff I do! (sometimes)

I guess thats where the concept of influence comes in, eh? take what you hear and apply it to what you do.

the thing with rennie is..that guy hears SO much music and with that in mind his opinion does matter.

funny thing is...Q, every time I write a track, says the same shit "man..youve come leaps and bounds"..."If I had a label I would put this out right now" blah blah blah but nope

Dunno friends, some of the stuff I saw and heard last night turned me off to the whole idea. I dont see ANYONE around here thinking of any sort of "crew" thing (this excludes horizens, roller, rhea...Im talking about the people in the biz that Im involved with). Theyre all out for themselves. wheres the altruism? the simple passion for music?

instead its BITCH BITCH BITCH about the record deal and the fucking 300k advance and the 24k you got for TWO remixes etc etc and just totally ignore those below you

fuck this. Im outta here! hehe look out marc..might be droppin by soon

Message 96/125             19-Jun-01  @  08:33 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

sitar

I'm not sure I understand what you mean in everything you're saying there. Probably sick of me talking about Orbital but they have done quite a bit of stuff that is recognized as being different. When I saw them they did their middle of nowhere album and some other stuff from Snivilization. They followed The Crystal Method that night. You want to see a couple of thousand people dancing that was what was going on. The business side and lots of people into it are what you say. But I don't think you should discount your style for danceability. Anyway, I'm trying to move in the danceability direction too. Doesn't mean we have to write the genre of the month. I listen to well produced cds sometimes. Tight and perfect sound and everything, but I don't really feel like writing that kind of music just cuz I'm listening to it, Trance I guess is what I'm referring to. Anyways, you get my point.

Message 97/125             19-Jun-01  @  09:12 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

yes. I get your point. and theres nothing more pure than pure expression, unaltered by any attempts at emulation. The emulation thing is why its so easy to see right through a lot of new music (god look at all the limp bizkit clones)

hell..you dont understand what Im saying? NEITHER DO I  All I know is that ever since Ive gotten into dance music, there have been certain "formulas" (and I dont mean that in the derogatory sense) that have just ROCKED me. When I used to go to a certain LA DnB club every sunday, ALONE mind you, and hear those rattling snares and gut rumbling basslines I would think DAMN I want to make people feel the way this makes me feel. Same with "nuskool" breaks (although youre kinda right..it is sorta the style of the month)...when that bass just sits in there with that thumpin kick and crackin snare it just makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

If I could make a room go nuts the way this and other stuff does I would smile. plain and simple. and I would feel quite good about it.

you know..its the same with words...we all (well, those of us that can read) know that some authors just hit right smack in the middle of our core, and it resonates throughout our mind and body. Jack Kerouac does that for me...its like they're speaking for you, saying things you were never able to say yourself

WELL I FUCKING WANT TO BE THE ONE TO SAY IT DAMMIT be it beats or words or all of the above but here I am butting my head against competitive petty "scenes" and people who long ago turned love into business and left the heart in the dust.

not only that but Im determined to make this one the first 100+ thread here in the music tracks section 

Message 98/125             19-Jun-01  @  09:38 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

infrasound

you`ll never manage that.

Message 99/125             19-Jun-01  @  09:38 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

infrasound

never, I say.

Message 100/125             19-Jun-01  @  09:39 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

infrasound

oh shit.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

There are 125 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)