aaa If you're feelin it... - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: If you're feelin it...

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Original Message                 Date: 20-Mar-02  @  12:36 PM   -   If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

...swing on by and check some stuff out. Should be a few new trax up in the coming days, as soon as my buddy gets them coded. Most of it's pretty tame. I'm savin the raw stuff for the live gigs.

Ape

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 91/126             06-Apr-02  @  06:02 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

dissonance

Link?: Link

yup,yup! Slacking like a mutha fucka! All hail Eris, the queen of chaos. All hail Discordia!

I am on the never ending quest for SLACK!!

http://www.kbuxton.com/discordia/

but it's all set casue I can't slack on my man.

Message 92/126             06-Apr-02  @  06:06 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

damballah

oh no are you one of those bob dobbs guys?

Message 93/126             06-Apr-02  @  06:43 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

dissonance

Not really. I just think it's funny and decided to play off of it since the Ape said that I was slacking. But some of it is kind of interesting.

Reading any of Robert Anton Wilson's stuff will make you think!

dissonance

Message 94/126             06-Apr-02  @  08:40 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

influx

well actually, I AM pretty nice, and I didnt say anything "mean" or talk shit.

I listened to quite a few of your tracks Angina, and they sound good. You obviously know what youre doing and have a firm grasp all around.

but...your bio focuses so much on how unique your sound is, and that IS a lofty claim, no? I mean..in a world so full of people writing music or pursuing any other venture its pretty rare to be truly different. I didnt find your tracks all that mindblowingly unique, so I thought that the decision to make that claim so boldly was a bad one.

oh..and about the name..that WAS just a joke. Angina is a disease, and it conjured up some funny mental images of a producer.

Pongoid..I think you ratted on me.

Message 95/126             06-Apr-02  @  09:05 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

no, I didn't, I actually stood up for you.

Message 96/126             06-Apr-02  @  10:11 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

influx

hehe. thank you then. One asshole defending another, eh? 

was that even really her? Person never shows up here before but suddenly?

anyway...I didnt mean anything maliciously

Message 97/126             06-Apr-02  @  10:28 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

I'm foolin with a remix of it now just for my own enjoyment. Angina P started something infectious going. I like your remix btw Ape. I'm gonna do one at about the same tempo as yours although I was tempted to go with a dnb tempo like Edgeys. I usually write at about 138 give or take 5 bpm but don't ask me why. I'm liking the tempo of your remix. Might not go back to 138 ever again.

Message 98/126             06-Apr-02  @  11:25 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

influx

so I listened to the remix and like it...sounds a bit like a spythriller sound track...

but.."Dirt Box"....man..thats some grunge!

that bassline is sweeeeet. and the drum programming...got some madness there, my man!

props for bein so well-rounded, Pongoid. you go from 4 on the floor to skittery dnb to illbient sounds without flinching. good show!

Message 99/126             07-Apr-02  @  10:10 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Thanks bro. Anybody can do it. They just have to open themselves up to trying new things, and be willing to learn and accept others' creations as valid lessons, even if not very entertaining at times.

Angina said she liked the remix too....BUT IT WASN'T A REMIX!!! I didn't sample anything of hers. I built every one of those synth lines from scratch and worked every single hit of those Udu samples, and the others stuff was samples of 808, and live 808, as well as Xbase for the big kicks and hats, and the primary snares. The big crashy sounds came from some sampled snares and toms pitched down and verbed out. Synth lines were all Q. I didn't remix her stuff. I was inspired by her stuff, but that one I made for her is by me. Sorry, just had to get that straight.

As for the D'n'B, I don't really take that track all that seriously, cuz it was just something quickly thrown together to see how easy it actually is to make a testosterone-laden joke. I can make stuff like that all day. However I'm still glad you like it. Maybe I should make some more, just for shits and giggles. Who knows, maybe outout a record or two of this type of stuff. It sells too easily.

Yes that was really her. She's got a pretty good sense of humor, and she was laughing about your post in an email. I think you got the elbow in the ribs on this one. It's all in good fun. :

Message 100/126             07-Apr-02  @  10:12 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

and yes that is my voice at the end of Dirtbox.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

There are 126 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)