aaa why i am happy about the elections - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: why i am happy about the elections

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Original Message                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  01:21 PM   -   why i am happy about the elections

formant

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

this probably fits into the category K doesn't want posted here.

so fair warning... if you are offended by the topic of abortion quit reading. and take this point: i am not telling you what to believe, i am telling you what i believe so take it for what it is, an opinion.

ok i think that the republicans gaining control of the senate is the absolute most important thing to ever happen in the past 30 years.

this means that bush gets to appoint judges without having them blocked left and right. so just as clinton did before him, bush can put people into positions of power who are anti-abortion.

i think that abortion is the biggest travesty against human life in america since slavery.

just as the white slave owners of the blacks said that they were not human and thereby justified thier actions in pursuit of wealth i see the same thing happening today.

then it was 'these slaves are not humans therefore to gain wealth and happiness we will abuse them and do as we please with them... since they are not humans they have no rights'

today i see people saying the same thing:

'it doesn't matter that i have created a baby because it isn't a human being. i need to go to college/work/whatever so that i can be happy and prosperous. i will therefore do what i like with this nonhuman so that i can persue wealth and an easy life unhindered'

what exactly is the difference between the slave owners and the current people who choose to take human life in order to serve themselves?

i believe that *should* roe v wade get overturned in this country it will be a great stride forward for all humanity.

extremely inflammatory comment here: if bush gets abortion outlawed or at a minimum pushed back to a states right to choose america will be standing in defense of the helpless and needy.

i am aware many do not agree with me but that is fine. many people were against lincoln when he tried to abolish slavery, afterall they weren't humans.

you guys can slam me if you want (used to it) but this has to be the most important civil rights issue since the MLK days and it affects people of all colors and nationalities indiscriminately.

i hope that justice comes for the innocent lives that are lost every day in the name of greed and selfishness.

jamey

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 91/122             08-Nov-02  @  10:34 AM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

pict

Link?:  No link

If you look at TV dramas there's always a lot of "What should we do? Oh my God my life has come to an end!Disaster"kind of shit dialogue when someone has discovered they're pregnant and I often hear of people becoming severely worried by it.The fact is if you are a reasonably intelligent individual you can easily handle the extra responsibility and you will do what needs to be done in order to look after your offspring there are true horror stories of inadequate people having children and treating them badly but a lot of this is purely media sensationalism the fact is the vast majority of people love and care for their children.Creating your own family is the most rewarding and life enriching experience any human being can have in my opinion I'm not saying that you shouldn't have the choice and obviously other people see it differently but European populations are in decline and are becoming older so I think a few more young Europeans would be no bad thing.As for waiting for the right time there is never a right time if you wait for the right time you'll be waiting forever and not having children or having an abortion can be the biggest source of regret for many people in later life.In my own family because there are 4 kids at the moment they have to learn to co exist they learn the value of being considerate and sharing compared to most of the single child families I know of they're far nicer people because they don't always get what they want but they always get what they need and there's a lot of warmth and love in our household because we all feel needed and wanted.If I send out some individuals into the world who espouse the positive values of love,compassion,and consideration for others then I think that's no bad thing.

Message 92/122             08-Nov-02  @  11:01 AM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

influx

Link?: Link

absolutely!

except this:
"the vast majority of people love and care for their children"

sadly, I disagree. I think the vast majority are ill-equipped and raise selfish, mean (even if subconsciously), emotionally scarred and confused progeny.

not making judgement regardint you or anyone else specifically, but...the way I see it each generation gets more and more fucked up

in america at least

Message 93/122             08-Nov-02  @  12:00 PM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

bedwyr

oh, cheer up  

Message 94/122             08-Nov-02  @  02:43 PM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

cheddar

fair play and well said pict, all this choosing if,..when, too much thinking not dangerous or too much career. Or fear of responsibility, hey ho.

Also there could be an argument that unless you know the responsibility of having a child then you are not enjoying all of lifes experiences. I am surprised to write this myself (wouldn't have thought so before Lilla)

It changes when you have kids, all of a sudden you cope and before you know it you are doin ok. I know before I had the first I though yoy but now all is well.

I used to think I didn't want to bring kids into this world, then I realised that I am not a bad person and if there are more of people then there should be more of me.

PS Happy B Psy

Message 95/122             08-Nov-02  @  07:39 PM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

Breakerbox

Off course I am worried about having a kid.. I probably wont ever have one, even if I could afford.. probably adopt.. I am not having a kid till I can make sure that I am going to able to afford it.. have monry for her/his education etc...

I dont know.. There is already so many fucking people here...

Message 96/122             08-Nov-02  @  07:52 PM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

errata

Link?:  No link

I'd agree with Influx, most people (I'd insist it's often unintentional) do raise emotional damaged people... in fact I'd say it's the vast majority! Just look ata ll the f*cked up adults... they get that way as children!

But I don't think that's any reason to kill them. If I did I'd be down around the McDonalds poppin' folks at the drive thru... I have 3 kids. I don't want anymore because I'll be nearly 50 when my youngest comes of age. I also had a girlfriend that got an abortion when I was 22. I supported the decision and I don't regret it. It DID f*ck with her and wrecked our relationship. But I think a kid would have made it worse and done real damage to the kid as well! The reprecussions of having a child well outweighed the reprecussions of having an abortion... neither was a pleasant experience, but we both chose the lesser of 2 evils. I feel in many ways we did the lifestream that would have been our child a favor! From my perspective, the child had a few moments of disorientation and confusion (something we all suffer at death) and was able to move on... NOT TO SOMETHING BETTER, but hopefully to nothing worse.

e

Message 97/122             08-Nov-02  @  10:39 PM     Edit: 08-Nov-02  |  10:43 PM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

bedwyr

it's all twicky, dicky, vewy wisky, pwobably more wisky than a wank wobbery.

Message 98/122             08-Nov-02  @  10:46 PM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

psylichon

'wank wobbery'

is that like robbing a sperm bank?

psylichon

Message 99/122             08-Nov-02  @  10:48 PM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

bedwyr

yes. there's a market for everything.

Message 100/122             08-Nov-02  @  10:51 PM   -   RE: why i am happy about the elections

cheddar

i quite happily spend whatever cred here with this crowd tonight

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

There are 122 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)