aaa Using 2 soundcards in 1 Pc... - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Using 2 soundcards in 1 Pc...

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/11             24-Mar-98  @  10:33 PM   -   Using 2 soundcards in 1 Pc...

Mo'slo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello,

Can I like use 2 soundcards in 1 Pc at a time?

I still need me ol' soundblasty fer dos apps and midi stuff...

I can't imagine having 2 little 'speaker' icons in the down right icon tray of Winbloze 95, but it should be possible, don't you think... DON'T YOU THINK?

So, any polar bear out there that knows the answer?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             24-Mar-98  @  11:56 PM   -   RE: Using 2 soundcards in 1 Pc...

jason.rowe

It seems OK to me, ive got a EVENT GINA and an AWE64 working together with no hassle. As long as youve got
the spare slots and IRQs I should give it a go..

Best of luck (Gina' spretty cool)

Message 3/11             25-Mar-98  @  04:25 AM   -   RE: Using 2 soundcards in 1 Pc...

Houseman

What software are you using with that Gina? I'm especially intersted in knowing if you can access all the different outputs from within your sequencer.

Cakewalk...Cubase...Logic...Performer...ETC.

Message 4/11             25-Mar-98  @  06:00 AM   -   RE: Using 2 soundcards in 1 Pc...

phaseloc

You can have as many cards as slots and irqs. You can
rout any program to any card you have in the prefrences.

Message 5/11             25-Mar-98  @  09:51 AM   -   RE: Using 2 soundcards in 1 Pc...

andreas.lindell

You can't just change the IRQ in the setupsettings, you also have to change the settings on the card, I think your
problem is that the setupsettings doesn't match the settings on the card. I have had that problem!

Message 6/11             25-Mar-98  @  09:52 AM   -   RE: Using 2 soundcards in 1 Pc...

kilo

yeah.... the only real limitation is whether your s/w supports multiple cards/outs.....

Message 7/11             25-Mar-98  @  10:36 AM   -   RE: Using 2 soundcards in 1 Pc...

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

I've got 3, no problems. Don't know about the icon, but you can have each panel open at the same time.

Message 8/11             13-Apr-98  @  05:36 PM   -   RE: Using 2 soundcards in 1 Pc...

Markey

I have 2 cards a Soundscape elite and a audio pci when I install one it removes the other its the software driver that dose it is there any way around this..

Mark

Message 9/11             14-Apr-98  @  08:23 AM   -   RE: Using 2 soundcards in 1 Pc...

kilo

it's probably a good idea to de-install everything except the video card.... then install your soundcards.... get the irq's allocated for them.... then when they work, install any other cards after that....

Message 10/11             21-Apr-98  @  12:45 PM   -   RE: Using 2 soundcards in 1 Pc...

matt

I tried to put an SB16 and an AWE32 in the same computer, it all worked fine once I sorted out the IRQs and stuff, EXCEPT THAT the external midi-in and out didn't work - I got corrupted note numbers and things, on both cards. I guess they were both sending data down the same port or something. Is there a way to change the SB's IO ports used for the external midi port so that I can have both in my system at once?

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)