aaa a4000 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: a4000

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/15             05-Feb-05  @  12:46 AM   -   a4000

0/d

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Yeah wrong forum but so what...  

A4000 36mb ram 350mb HD Good working order etc etc

So who wants it? I've been wanting to sell it forever but I couldn't give it away if I tried. Gimme a price...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/15             07-Feb-05  @  12:29 AM   -   RE: a4000

chroma

Link?:  No link

the silence is deafening  

ill trade you my a3000 no one wants it either  

Message 3/15             07-Feb-05  @  12:32 AM   -   RE: a4000

Optofonik (AKA_Mick_Rhyze_etc.)

Are hardware smaplers already obsolete??? Has software finally taken over?

Message 4/15             07-Feb-05  @  01:09 PM   -   RE: a4000

k

Link?:  Link

there's just so many hardware units out there for sale i guess & yes, s/w is so easy unless you're gigging but even that is getting more reliable, and yamaha always had that slight possibility of problems which carried over from earlier models i think - Earlier akai's are probably seen as more reliable if less detailed synthesis wise.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/15             08-Feb-05  @  07:26 AM   -   RE: a4000

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

ya,

id give my left ball for an akai s6000 punching drums

part from that....software all the way init

blu

Message 6/15             08-Feb-05  @  12:22 PM     Edit: 08-Feb-05  |  12:25 PM   -   RE: a4000

k

but are they reliable, the newer akai's?... we've been thinking about getting an outboard large sampler to run only a hi-end orchestral sample set for film work, so that we dont have to load it all up when the PC's are booted each morning... it can sit there, usualy switched on while a project is on the go, leaving it on overnight, and only switching it off when project is finished (mebbe 2/3 days or a week or so).

Since s/w samplers ahve taken over so much for studio, i kinda lost track of hardware issues, but weren't some of the big Akai's problematic? - what about an emu 5000?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/15             08-Feb-05  @  03:56 PM   -   RE: a4000

welder

k, what kind of OS do you use? In Xp you can do "hybernate" instead of switching off or standby, it dumps out the whole memory onto a file so you can continue next day exactly where you've left yesterday.

Message 8/15             08-Feb-05  @  06:45 PM   -   RE: a4000

craig

My Akai S6000 Studio has never acted up not even once. I've had it for about three years now, played a couple dozen gigs with it. Never even one hiccup. It works flawlessly. I did have some problems with SCSI drives - they're very picky about hard drives. Bets to actually stick to the compatability list there. Also, it only reads single-sided 64MB SIMMs as 64 megs, otherwise you'll only get 32. Otherwise, no worries. The USB connection to the PC and the AkSys software are miles ahead of the old SCSI chain stuff they used back in the days of the S2000. The S6000 studio, if you can find one, has the detachable screen (very nice - set it on your keyboard and save your back from programming while bent over). 16 outs, 32 MIDI channels on two sets of ports, 128 voices, native .wav file format, native fat32 disk format, and 4 channel effects. Awesome sampler.

Another bouns to the Akais, and older hardware samplers in general are that the SCSI hard drives, CD-ROMs, Zip drives, etc.. 72 pin SIMMs... They're giving this shit away on Ebay.

Hell, they're giving away the samplers too. There's an S5000 right now on Ebay for $500 with 104MB RAM, an external zip drive, and an external CD-ROM drive. It might cost you $30 to max the memory. Or if Emus are more your speed, they've got an E6400 Ultra, 32Mb , with Zip 250 (with 10 blank Zips) and SCSI CD-ROM with 7 Emu CDs. for 150 pounds rigtht now.

Message 9/15             08-Feb-05  @  07:22 PM   -   RE: a4000

milan

so you think i should just continue to use my ESI2000 as a footstool/breadbox then?

actually... maybe i could turn it into an aquarium. imagine seeing little fishies as they swim by the screen window... backlit, of course : ))

Message 10/15             08-Feb-05  @  11:06 PM   -   RE: a4000

k

can you get adat out for it?

I might switch to the emu 1820m, i could bring 8 adat in's on that permanently & still have 8 analog ins spare

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)