aaa weird stutters, lags, and skipping - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

23-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: weird stutters, lags, and skipping

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/29             06-Sep-05  @  06:52 PM   -   weird stutters, lags, and skipping

0/d

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi,

Gotta a funny problem here. I've been having trouble with audio playback here on my computer. Its happening in every program so i reckon its a general system problem rather than something specific to each program. I'm using Avid DV, Combustion, Wavelab and Itunes and in everything I keep getting random audio lags and stuttering, sometimes it sounds like a CD skipping or just stutters. A lot of the time the PC pauses as if its just taking a second to collect its thoughts... well I've no idea what might be causing this or how I might go about fixing it. I don't really wanna consider a system wipe just yet but.... it is that annoying... Any ideas? What usually cause these kinda problems?
Thanks

Sean

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/29             06-Sep-05  @  06:53 PM   -   RE: weird stutters, lags, and skipping

0/d

Message 3/29             06-Sep-05  @  09:50 PM   -   RE: weird stutters, lags, and skipping

0/d

no ideas?

Message 4/29             07-Sep-05  @  08:31 AM   -   RE: weird stutters, lags, and skipping

Rags

Hmmm. Have you tried re-installing the audio drivers? It might be useful to check if there is a newer version of the audio driver. Apart from that... maybe a HW problem? Can you try the same card in an another machine?

cheers,
Rags

Message 5/29             07-Sep-05  @  10:13 AM   -   RE: weird stutters, lags, and skipping

Influx

check the task manager, see what apps and processes are running

right click my compter, click "manage" and "services" and do a google search see if unnecessary ones are running?

also.what audio interface? is it PCI? IRQ sharing perhaps?

Message 6/29             07-Sep-05  @  12:02 PM   -   RE: weird stutters, lags, and skipping

k

Link?:  Link

did you add anything recently like itunes?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/29             07-Sep-05  @  05:08 PM   -   RE: weird stutters, lags, and skipping

0/d

Nikon picture viewer most recently. Actually it has been acting a bit suspicious (spell?). It opens on start up and even when i close its box still haunts the start/program bar. The uninstall process removed about a hundred .dll's specific only to that programme. I'd imagine thats a good thing?

So anyway I deleted that and AnyDVD too. Because I see it lurking down in the bottom right corner of my screen sometimes. I set up avid so that it doesn't do its start up thing anymore and as Influx said I went through the tasks thing and stopped all the crap, ie ipod system stuff etc. Not too sure what my audio card is, PCI i'd imagine, its only a very standard set up.

What about my broadband connection, i'm using a wireless set up and my signal stregnth isn't too good could this be causing some sort of lapse in the system. Also I get a few pop ups that spring up randomly even when i'm not online. Would that kinda of crap be causing this in some way?

Well anyway I'l restart and see what happens...

thanks
s

Message 8/29             07-Sep-05  @  05:37 PM   -   RE: weird stutters, lags, and skipping

0/d

cool.I think its a bit better. I'll give it few hours of use tho. thanks again.

sean

Message 9/29             07-Sep-05  @  07:30 PM   -   RE: weird stutters, lags, and skipping

k

Link?:  Link

Also I get a few pop ups that spring up randomly even when i'm not online

ah, there's your problem then, you've got some sort of trojan on your system. Probably at regular intervals it's trying to open some url for spam which is siezing up the machine.

sorry dude, but you'd better get the system clean first

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 10/29             07-Sep-05  @  11:53 PM   -   RE: weird stutters, lags, and skipping

0/d

shit! so i need virus software? Any reccomendations?

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)