aaa Condenser Mics, and hard disk recorders..etc. - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Condenser Mics, and hard disk recorders..etc.

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 20-Oct-97  @  11:37 PM   -   Condenser Mics, and hard disk recorders..etc.

misterblu

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Ok, I know I can't afford a Neuman U87 Ai, so are there any other good condenser mics out there that are in the $300-$400 (us) price range??? How about a nice tube preamp???

Also, can anyone recommend a good stand alone hard disk recorder?? The new Akai looks promising, the rolands nice, but more expensive for the moment... any others I'm missing??? Before you start telling me about Pc based systems, realize that I have a 486/66... and after buying expensive software in the past, and seeing its value quickly drop to nothing, I think that I can safely say that hardware will hold its value longer...what do you think???

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/14             07-May-98  @  03:26 AM   -   RE: Condenser Mics, and hard disk recorders..etc.

jmb

Thanks,I,ll check it out.

Message 12/14             07-May-98  @  04:28 PM   -   RE: Condenser Mics, and hard disk recorders..etc.

automouse

With rolands new 16 track HDR, the vs-880s should be dropping in price. Not as much room to manuver as a tape system, but you can't beat it for creative flexability. Built in scsi, portable, s/pdif, and an avalable internal efx board. I've seen ones with the new software and efx board installed for $1500 US.

Message 13/14             07-May-98  @  05:23 PM   -   RE: Condenser Mics, and hard disk recorders..etc.

steve

jmb-

That last message was just about unreadable. Sorry.
My typing skills are appalling.

I was actually asking a question about CW 6.0 and the fact that the fx section only let's you hear fx applied to your wave. You can't render them to disk. Does anyone know if higher versions can? Jmb, sounds like you need a beefier PC. There's tons of info on this site to get you started, regarding your original querie.

Message 14/14             11-May-98  @  01:28 AM   -   RE: Condenser Mics, and hard disk recorders..etc.

carles

Hi ,
I´ve use the Ensoniq PARIS HD recorder .It sounds wonderful and you can use the computer native file system
for backup (not like session8) .It also comes with an
external controller with faders and all...
It records 16 simultaneous tracks and can playback 128
tracks .
Check out Paris homepage : http://www.paris.ensoniq.com
Also I use a lot the Oktava´s condensers (012 and 219 both
and I can tell you that they worth three times what they
cost !!!.Specially the 012 cause you can found many "pro"
and cheap large diafragm comdesnsers (like mk219) as
many ppl here said .
Hope this helps .And check PARIS homepage!!!
(I sync it with cubase for midi)

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)