aaa 808/909 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: 808/909

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 18-Jun-98  @  10:38 PM   -   808/909

TeenageKicker

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Am I the only one that thinks that the 808/909 snare drums are the most pathetic sounding drums this side of the Universe?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/15             20-Jun-98  @  03:27 AM   -   RE: 808/909

groin pain

Hey - do you know the Purple Snail?
Does anyone like anything but Techno?

The thing is I've only ever heard those snares in amateur records....... I've never heard them in any commercial successes, have you? I think the Open Hi-hat is a pile of doo doo aswell.
Destroy the 808!
Destroy it NOW!

Message 12/15             20-Jun-98  @  01:12 PM   -   RE: 808/909

pongoid

Link?:  Link

yeah, I'm bored too

Message 13/15             22-Jun-98  @  03:52 AM   -   RE: 808/909

arsenaul

First of all what does comercial success have to do with whether something is good or bad. Secondly if you haven't heard anything comercially successfull with the 808 then you must of slept thru the 80's!

Message 14/15             22-Jun-98  @  06:33 PM   -   RE: 808/909

hillbilly boy

I WISH I SLEPT THROUGH THE EIGHTIES BUT I COULDN'T SLEEP THROUGH ALL OF IT! DESTROY THEM I SAY...

Message 15/15             23-Jun-98  @  11:37 AM   -   RE: 808/909

Rodtsa

The "tinny" 808 snare and the harder 909 snare are just sounds, not inherently better or worse than any other snare. If they're good for your track, use 'em.

Their beats have driven millions of clubbers world over into ecstasy countless times and they are used on heaps of commercially successful records (for what that's worth).

Their usefulness depends on what you're doing. If it's breakbeat or Drum'n'bass type stuff where the snares are so prominent in the mix then you definitely need a wider variety of snare sounds. But they are great for a lot of House and Techno. So are other snare type sounds.

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)