aaa Dumb question? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Dumb question?

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             12-May-98  @  09:50 AM   -   Dumb question?

galleyslave

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Greets all,
I need some advice 'n stuff please help....
Background info: Up till now I've been using trackers & softsynths on my PC and have decided it's time get a keyboard and learn this MIDI business. I've just recently started trying my hand with digital recording apps ie. Cool Edit Pro, Multisequence...
Question: Once I get my keyboard I figure I'm gonna want to record it's output to my PC for further editing etc.. and I'm just wondering how to do that? I guess I just send the output into the line in on my crappy AWE64 and sample away huh? Is that right?
Now what if I have a track with several parts from the same keyboard and I want to record each part to a sepaerate track in Cool Edit Pro - does that mean I've gotta sample each part seperately? Hmm I think thats more than one question oops. Sorry to bug people with this but I'm just trying to plan ahead a bit... any feedback would be muchly appreciated.
-Steve

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             12-May-98  @  01:14 PM   -   RE: Dumb question?

kilo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

record track 1....... playbck... record track 2..... etc etc...
actually you'd do better with a midi & hard disk s/w such as cakewalk etc.... then you can programme your midi part... set the sound on the keyboard.... send the key's audio out to the soundcard audio IN.... hit record... and play..... simple..... then reset synth...& repeat....

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)