aaa Help me choose - Nord Lead 2 or JP8000 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Help me choose - Nord Lead 2 or JP8000

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 16-Apr-98  @  04:55 AM   -   Help me choose - Nord Lead 2 or JP8000

Destroy2k

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I need a new synth. I have narrowed it down to either the nord lead 2 or the JP 8000. I played around with both, and they are both cool, I CANT CHOOSE. I like the display on the JP8000- The nord simple just number system would probably get annoying after a while. I dont know that much about virtual analog synthesis, because I have been using a CS1X. D
So I was hoping that u very knowledgeable people could tell me the differences and mayber help me out in choosing. The people in my local music store dont know much about their synths, so hopefully u guys can help.

Thanx,
-D2k

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/24             19-Apr-98  @  12:09 AM   -   RE: Help me choose - Nord Lead 2 or JP8000

HW-Sweden.

I was in the same position as you and choosed the
Jp in spite of beeing swedish the JP are very easy
to work with for the beginner and it have more guitar
music oriented sounds.The JP is not a true bass machine
it produces great bass sound but not in the lowest region
As sombody said amongst guitars JP works well and is
very much alive on stage but for any recording the
Nord is better adapted. If you are planning to buy just
one , choose Nord but if you are planning to buy more
why not try the Jp first. Jp is fun to play with- chords- bass solos. the Nord is the one if you are living your life
by Midi and recording.Its true-turn down the Fx on Jp and
Nord rules. The Jp is maybe a better rock machine
not realy your definite dance partner.

Are saving for a Nord rack but not planning to sell the JP
thats the best deal -but its making me in need to work
more shit....

Message 12/24             19-Apr-98  @  10:19 PM   -   RE: Help me choose - Nord Lead 2 or JP8000

Mike Hunter

I would definately choose the Nord Lead 2 over the JP8000. Not only does it sound better compared with the JP8000 w/o fx (I hate fx any way), it has cooler filters too (anyone disagree?).

Ok, what about a Korg Prophecy vs. Nord Lead 2 vs. JP8000... any comments?

Is that Physical Modelling any good for dance music, or can it like make only flute and brass like sounds?

Message 13/24             19-Apr-98  @  10:19 PM   -   RE: Help me choose - Nord Lead 2 or JP8000

Mike Hunter

I would definately choose the Nord Lead 2 over the JP8000. Not only does it sound better compared with the JP8000 w/o fx (I hate fx any way), it has nicer sounding filters too (anyone disagree?).

Ok, what about a Korg Prophecy vs. Nord Lead 2 vs. JP8000... any comments?

Is that Physical Modelling any good for dance music, or can it like make only flute and brass like sounds?

Message 14/24             19-Apr-98  @  10:28 PM   -   RE: Help me choose - Nord Lead 2 or JP8000

kid303

The prophecy has awesome dance sounds.
It's only monophonic but you can create massive acid
line with this baby. Best thing is it's half the price of the
other machines.

Message 15/24             20-Apr-98  @  01:18 AM   -   RE: Help me choose - Nord Lead 2 or JP8000

kilo.....

youd better hurry if you want a new one from turnkey... there's only so many left, and it's the last batch ever.... (worldwide )... and no i dont work for them...

Message 16/24             20-Apr-98  @  05:10 AM   -   RE: Help me choose - Nord Lead 2 or JP8000

Yeah! get the Prophy right now! You'll never be disapointed with this machine! It's so versatile, so powerful, so programmable, so.....so...... G-R-E-A-T!!!!
And I'll say it again: if you can afford the Z1 you're out of everything!!!!!

Dan

P.S.: Kilo, the Prophecy's factory demos that I was found in the machine's section of dancetech are good, but can I send you some non-factory demos to complement the ones you have? I think those audio bits dosn't show the synthesis power of the Prophecy. Thanks.

Message 17/24             20-Apr-98  @  05:11 AM   -   RE: Help me choose - Nord Lead 2 or JP8000

self_osc

Yeah! get the Prophy right now! You'll never be disapointed with this machine! It's so versatile, so powerful, so programmable, so.....so...... G-R-E-A-T!!!!
And I'll say it again: if you can afford the Z1 you're out of everything!!!!!

Dan

P.S.: Kilo, the Prophecy's factory demos that I was found in the machine's section of dancetech are good, but can I send you some non-factory demos to complement the ones you have? I think those audio bits dosn't show the synthesis power of the Prophecy. Thanks.

Message 18/24             21-Apr-98  @  01:07 AM   -   RE: Help me choose - Nord Lead 2 or JP8000

blunted

Yup, I agree, even if you got tired of the proph...(like that's possible) it's awesome, anyways, later on you could sell it for the price of a Nord...It's slated to be the next TB-303...........Well......maybe not, but I luv mine!!!!!

Message 19/24             21-Apr-98  @  01:32 PM   -   RE: Help me choose - Nord Lead 2 or JP8000

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

uh, the Z-1 only has 2 outputs (kinda like a Matrix-12, all that power for such a stupid limitation)

Message 20/24             21-Apr-98  @  06:49 PM   -   RE: Help me choose - Nord Lead 2 or JP8000

VR synth

I think you should go for the Novation's Super Nova synth becuase it is so much more powerful in specs. Just check it out look at the info and this place also has a RA. Demo
anyway I say Nord Lead 2 or Rack 2 and the Supernova now that would be shit wright there as for the JP 8000 I dont know it the specs were good until I stumbled over the Real VR any' stuff like the Super Nova or the Access Virus other wise they make the JP 8k Nords and the AN1x look shameful in comperisment in spec wise but as of the sound quality goes I dont know like I said i heard a RA. File of the Supernova and even that RA quality it almost made me shit my pants and that was in real audio sound.
I also heard the Nord Lead and I think its got better sound stuff but the sound they used on the real audio was disapointing though some of it was ok as for the others I dont know there sound stuff.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)