aaa General question - ? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: General question - ?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             08-Mar-05  @  02:05 PM   -   General question - ?

g-minor

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I would like to buy a (or some) condenser microphone(s) for home recording. I have only a SB Audigy soundcard with jack input. I have found microphones at reasonable price here from T.Bone, but my problem is the following:
I would like to record singing and guitar most of all, but small percussions and flute, chello can be in consideration later, too. I can afford max. 200 Euros.
The following T.Bone microphones seemed to fit the purpose:
- SC 600 - 88 Euros
- SC 450 - 98 Euros
- SC 1100 - 177 Euros
- SCV 3000 - 148 Euros --- These ones need phantom power
and at last:
- SCT 700 - 166 Euros --- Phantom power supply included

My questions are:
1. Is my best choice would be SCT 700, because I do NOT need to buy any extra accessories to join it to the PC?
2. If I buy the above mentioned SCT 700, the included power supply will serve as a preamplyfier and through it I can join the mic to the PC?
3. Which microphone would you suggest for me if not the above one? And what I should put (join) between the mic and the PC to supply phantom power and connection to the soundcard? Will I need eg. popfilter or plopkiller?
4. Is Behringer Mic 100 would be a good solution for preamplifying and phantom power supply? How many microphones can be connected to it?
5. If you have better offers for my aim, please, let me know... Actually I am satisfied with the T.Bones prices and I am curious about any studio experiences.

Thank you very much for your help,

Geri

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             08-Mar-05  @  06:50 PM   -   RE: General question - ?

k

Link?:  Link

no, the power supply isn't a pre-amp, also i dont think you should go for the tube mic cos without checking spec's, my t.bone tube mic cuts off at around 16k and you might want a bit more 'air' for flute - also you have a audigy which is not so top-end.

I'd go for the behringer MIC100 Tube Ultragain and the sc450, it'll sound good and you can upgrade if required to mebbe a batter preamp if you upgrade the soundcard, but i think that'd be quite well balanced and a nice clear clean sound - the MIC 100 takes one mic input only

another affordable tube pre-amp is the ART Tube MP Studio

http://www.dancetech.com/aa_dt_new/shop/edit.cfm?product_id=147216&carrywith=/aa_dt_new/shop/shop.cfm?type=SP

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/3             08-Mar-05  @  06:55 PM   -   RE: General question - ?

k

Link?:  Link

oh btw, all that is required to link mic to the pre-amp is an XLR - XLR mic lead

from pre-amp to PC in is whatever connectors the soundcard have (rca phono, mini jack etc) and for both those preamps they have a 1/4" jack out (or XLR)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)