aaa travelling kit - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: travelling kit

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             17-May-98  @  04:54 AM   -   travelling kit

riserman

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm off to college this fall, where I'll be crammed in a very small double room. I plan on purchasing a laptop to cope with space issues, 3-4 gigs hard drive, 233 Pentium. Right now I've got a CS1x, Cake Pro 6, Seq303 software, that naff little Fruity Loops, an Iomega Zip, and loads of shareware.
I figure my synth can't come with me (sob), and I'm going to be moving every 3 months for the next 4 years... so WHAT CAN I DO? I need excellent audio capabilities from a laptop setup. Flexibility, great soundcard (can you choose soundcards in laptops?), and portability. Any thoughts people?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             17-May-98  @  12:20 PM   -   RE: travelling kit

Holger.Bahr

If you need a Keyboard just fetch a Novation Basstation.

It has a small Keyboard and some Knobs you can assign to Rebirth or Generator or RubberDuck

or VAZ or whatever else.

so you a bass sythesizer, a keyboard and some knobs to twiddle,

I think Turtle Beach has a good PCMIA Soundcard in stock. I donīt know for sure.

Anyway, out there are defently one or two very good PCMIA Devices.

I think the only thing you *really* need is a good "software sampler".

A piece of software where you can load your samples and use them under Cakewalk then.

you find such a software sampler at http://www.signum.it/1100/1100.htm

I havenīt downloaded it becausei think itīs more a toy. I donīt like the

"S1000 Display Simulation". When i use a software sampler under Windows / Mac, i just

want a good to handle user interface but not a simulation of the old Akai Display, you know....

But maybe this softwareis good (Filters, FX etc.) Check it out.

All the best,

Holger

Message 3/3             18-May-98  @  04:48 AM   -   RE: travelling kit

riserman

Thanks. I don't think the software is really going to be the problem... I've heard some horror stories about the soundcards available in the average laptop. That's more what I need to address... what's the best setup for optimal audio performance in this situation? Can I connect my Zip drive to a laptop? Kilo?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)