aaa monitors problem, pls help - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: monitors problem, pls help

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             30-Apr-98  @  08:56 PM   -   monitors problem, pls help

po

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i own a pair of torque amplified monitors and a tb fiji soundcard

not a lot time ago my when i turned on my pc horrible loud distortioned sounds came from my soundcard . as my monitors were at maximum volume it was impossible to listen to it so i turned them off immediately. later when i turned them on again one of them just refused to produce any sound...it was just a complete silence...
so i don't know what to do now...is it completely broken or there is any way to repair it?....unfortunately i've got no guarantee as they were bought already used

thanks in advance

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             30-Apr-98  @  10:01 PM   -   RE: monitors problem, pls help

KILO

STUDIO RULE NUBER 2.

NEVER TURN ON YOUR SYSTEM WITH THE SPEAKERS ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....

THIS IS THE GOLDEN STUDIO RULE....

AMP ON LAST (power-up) - AMP OFF FIRST (power-down)
<
hate to say it mate... but i reckon you fried them... or the amps... do they have fuses ?... check those.... if they have an un-amplified input.... (bypassing the amp) try 'em with a hi-fi amp... do they work ?.... if yes... then the amp is fried..... if no... speakers are fried.....or both...sorry....

(ps...STUDIO RULE NUMBER-1. - No drinks anywhere near the equiptment... NO YOU CAN'T JUST PUT YOUR FUCKING PINT ON THE MIXER ...COFFEE ON THE AMP... ETC ETC !!!)

Message 3/4             01-May-98  @  11:25 AM   -   RE: monitors problem, pls help

po

thanks for reply,

i'vr already checked the fuse in the broken monitor - unfortunately it's alright....also it's got no unamplified input so it's impossible to check just the speaker

Message 4/4             02-May-98  @  04:41 AM   -   RE: monitors problem, pls help

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

Smell the speaker..... Seriously..... I've found that when noise stops coming out of my speakers (Yes, I have blown about 6 pairs) if I sniff the speaker it smells like burnt plastic faintly..... And it's toast (Almost literally...) .... If your speaker doesn't smell funny, try to drive it with another amp... And connect some other shitty speakers to your amp and see if that works.... (Yes, I've blown amp channels too.) .... I have a nasty habit of destroying amps and speakers... I've blown enuff now, tho, that I rarely do it anymore.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)