aaa s-2000 help what do i need? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: s-2000 help what do i need?

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             05-May-98  @  06:20 PM   -   s-2000 help what do i need?

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i'm going to purchase a s2000 . But i was wondering what do i need to fully utilize it? a controller keyboard? a hard drive? please help because i wanted to know how much i would spend on the whole thing (us dollars please)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             07-May-98  @  07:30 PM   -   RE: s-2000 help what do i need?

herman.evans

You find more info if you subscribe to the AKai list:
send e-mail to Majordomo@cloudfactory.org and put "subscribe" in the subject.
An S2000 costs about 690 dollars at Sam Ash.
It is best to install some add. memory which is cheap.
You can only use 4 or 16 mB chips.
I also advise to buy a SCSI zip drive for storage. It can be linked to the Akai via SCSI, Better is if you have a Mac then you can run Mesa2 which can be downloaded from the akai website....

Message 3/4             07-May-98  @  09:54 PM   -   RE: s-2000 help what do i need?

I think that you should get yourself an 88 key controller
(weighted action) to take full advantage of your purchase.
good luck.

Message 4/4             08-May-98  @  01:34 AM   -   RE: s-2000 help what do i need?

kilo

yup... get the scsi and extra out's option... then wire it to yer pc or mac to manage samples... and utilise the hard drives.... also the zip is a nice add-on for gigs.... there is also an add-on fx & filter baord

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)