aaa 1/4 inch switching - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: 1/4 inch switching

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             12-May-98  @  06:54 AM   -   1/4 inch switching/mixer mania

JiggyBoy

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey,

I have all my midi equipment going thru a Mackie 1202VLZ mixer. At any one time I may want to record my midi equipment ( from the mixer) into

1. my sampler
2. to my dj mixer for mixing with a turntable
3. into my Gina souncard on my computer

the 1202 mixer has an ALT bus which I can connect one piece of recordong equipment - but as I said I have 3 pieces of equipment that need to take an output from the mixer

I could use a patchbay but that involves unplugging cables every time I want to record on a different piece of equipment - is there such a thing as a stereo switch or something, so I can just flip a switch ?

suppose I could also use the control room output on the mixer too, but things get kinda messy flipping solo and ALT bus switches all over the place especially since the recording equipment have their own inputs coming back into the mixer.

any suggestions would be great!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             12-May-98  @  01:17 PM   -   RE: 1/4 inch switching

kilo

well.....er....plugging a short lead into one of 3 alternative sockets is like...er... not a whole lot worse that flipping a switch... huh..... otherwise get a line level switching box from tandy's (radio shack)...thing is... if you do it on the patchbay... you can pass the signal thru fx too on the way to the destination

Message 3/4             13-May-98  @  01:52 AM   -   RE: 1/4 inch switching

Houseman

You can use your effect sends to send out signals as well. The Mackie has two and each one can send out its own L/R channel.

Or, use send one (pre fader) to you sampler, the "alt bus" to your gina, and then monitor the Mackie through your dj mixer. This is what I would do.

Message 4/4             13-May-98  @  02:13 AM   -   RE: 1/4 inch switching

carles

Hi ,
If the mixer haves inserts you can get INDIVIDUAL tracks
from there , althought is better allways use balanced conections .

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)