aaa should I buy an e-mu esi4000 or an akai s3000 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: should I buy an e-mu esi4000 or an akai s3000

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             02-Jun-98  @  01:57 AM   -   should I buy an e-mu esi4000 or an akai s3000

meadowvale

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

should I buy an esi4000 or an akai s3000xl? wich one has better sound quality? Ich one has a better sound librery? wich one has better effects?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             02-Jun-98  @  04:13 AM   -   RE: should I buy an e-mu esi4000 or an akai s3000

self_osc

Hey, weīre in 1998 and the sound quality in pro-samplers isnīt a problem anymore.
Both sounds excellent man!, just remember the 4K havenīt any FX as starndard, you have to expand it and if you do, you get a DUAL FX processor, instead of the THREE FX processors of the 3K.
Also the Yamaha has RESAMPLING through the FX!!!! and you can process external audio in real time with those processors too!!!!!
The E-Mu has a best selection of filters (and the weirdest of the two) but the Yamaha has more types of FX.
Both are excellent.

P.S.: why not the ASRX?, the best FX, resampling, sequencer, excellent ROM sounds (standard with the Dance Expansion Board)......
See more in the Kiloīs review.

Dan

Message 3/6             02-Jun-98  @  04:13 AM   -   RE: should I buy an e-mu esi4000 or an akai s3000

self_osc

Hey, weīre in 1998 and the sound quality in pro-samplers isnīt a problem anymore.
Both sounds excellent man!, just remember the 4K havenīt any FX as starndard, you have to expand it and if you do, you get a DUAL FX processor, instead of the THREE FX processors of the 3K.
Also the Yamaha has RESAMPLING through the FX!!!! and you can process external audio in real time with those processors too!!!!!
The E-Mu has a best selection of filters (and the weirdest of the two) but the Yamaha has more types of FX.
Both are excellent.

P.S.: why not the ASRX?, the best FX, resampling, sequencer, excellent ROM sounds (standard with the Dance Expansion Board)......
See more in the Kiloīs review.

Dan

Message 4/6             02-Jun-98  @  09:38 AM   -   RE: should I buy an e-mu esi4000 or an akai s3000

kilo

yeah.... i'd get an a-3000...... it's cheap...... tons of ram if you need it...... easy to wire in a h/d.... and the new OS will do re-cycle type breakbeat de-construction too.... plus it plays midifiles at gigs..... etc etc....

Message 5/6             09-Jun-98  @  11:20 PM   -   RE: should I buy an e-mu esi4000 or an akai s3000

get a Yamaha A3000 version 2

Message 6/6             10-Jun-98  @  02:18 AM   -   RE: should I buy an e-mu esi4000 or an akai s3000

Brenballs

Yeah....but what about the wet your knickers filters on
the ESI4000....I have one with the turbo-kit and the
filters are excellent.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)