aaa Generator - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Generator

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             01-May-98  @  05:40 PM   -   Generator

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

All:

I just got Native instruments - generator Soft synth. This piece is trully amazing. I don't have there home page handy- but I think this is the synth to beat. Has anyone else had any experiences with this beast? I would like to know how good the simulations are to the real emulated example instruments, such as the sh 101.

After checking this out, out returning my an1x , buying a MIDI controler and one of those peavey midi slider jobs.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             01-May-98  @  07:17 PM   -   RE: Generator

steve_hunt

I tried it. I found it hard to use - but then I am stupid - and got noticable latency, ie delay between pressing keys and hearing sound. And that's with a P2 300 MHz.

Message 3/6             01-May-98  @  09:03 PM   -   RE: Generator

I have a p 166 and found that it works fine if you use a low buffer # in the audio setup menu- in the tutorial it explains how at around 15- 20 miliseconds it is operating with about the same latency as a digital synth. You can also lower the number of voices and the sampling rate to get faster results.

It is complicated when dealing with designing a synth from scratch. I've found the preset instruments to be incredible. just open one up and connect it to the output. The moog bass is phat.

Message 4/6             11-May-98  @  12:44 PM   -   RE: Generator

rodney

I've got this one on order plus the 4-control (I'd like to get the Peavey PC1600x but it ain't cheap).

I haven't heard the Nord Modular but in a studio setup with a fast PC and soundcard this should do the same job for much less.

It beats Reality and all other softsynths (not Rebirth though for TBs).

Steve I get next to no latency on my P2 266 - it depends on the buffer setting and also the design of your soundcard - does it have onboard DSPs etc that take the load off the PC. I'm using Generator with a Pinnacle and it's awesome!!

Plus the new version has DirectX drivers so should be even lower latency if your soundcard supports DirectX.

Message 5/6             16-May-98  @  08:37 PM   -   RE: Generator

DJ Phallus the anal one

Where is it?

Message 6/6             17-May-98  @  06:12 AM   -   RE: Generator

Rod

downloadable demo at http://www.native-instruments.com/

Important point - the customer service of these guys is just excellent!!

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)